Saturday, June 5, 2010

Peaceful Saturday

What a fun time I had in the Green Room this morning. I have been wanting to make some pillow cases for some time, after seeing the pattern in a recent edition of a quilting magazine...so today, since it is too hot to be out digging in the dirt, I made a set for my Brea, and I am calling them "Cheerful Garden." They are so her, and I just love them her to pieces. I hope she likes them.




I have been putting in a few stitches here and there--mostly there--on Birds and the Bees, and while I feel like every time I do one there are ten more to take it's place, I am thoroughly enjoying this cheerful piece. I just wish I could hurry up and get it finished!


And my sweet husband saw me eyeing for these blocks in Barnes & Noble and got them for me--and yes, I had to use a W for the other M, because the other Ms are behind the letters.


Thank you so much for stopping by!

11 comments:

Paulette said...

Oh my gosh! Does Brea know you made those? Do you know how perfect they're going to look with her yellow quilt? Wow, they're stupendous!
And the B&Bee's... oh my word, why didn't I start this with you? Probably bc I'd only have one leaf done. Ugh. It's GORGEOUS!!
And the blocks? Well you know how I feel about those! :)
LLLLLY!

Margaret said...

What pretty pillowcases! I know Brea will love them! And the Birds and Bees -- so pretty! And I love the artsy shot of it too. :D Barnes and Noble had those blocks?? I'm going to have to go look at mine and see if they're there. lol! Take my hubby along and see if he'll buy them for ME. :D

Laurie in Iowa said...

The pillowcases are so pretty... I'm sure your Brea will love them to pieces, especially since your made them just for her.
Neat blocks.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

The pillowcases are wonderful! Brea will love them, no doubt! I love your B&B progress - the colors in it are just so pretty. I know what you mean about wanting to finish something in a hurry, even if we are enjoying working on it!
Who knew B&N had blocks - and such pretty ones at that!? I wouldn't have noticed the "M" if you hadn't told us!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Beautiful pillowcases! Beautiful stitching!

I love summer too...just wish it wasn't so HOT! :)

Sherry said...

I love the pillowcases! Brea will be thrilled! The B&B stitch is going to be lovely! I just love a peaceful weekend! And the blocks are so cute. How sweet of your DH to get them for you!

Katrina said...

Love the pillow cases and the boxes are too cute!!!! Now I need to go to Barnes and Noble too :-).

Deb said...

I just love those pillowcases. Those are so cheery looking! They're really wonderful.

Your stitching is wonderful too - so neat! And I love those blocks too.

Cari said...

Great pillow cases, great birds/bees and great summer!! Thanks for sharing.

Siobhán said...

They are SO pretty--Brea will love those pillow cases. I was looking at an ad for Verna the other day & I kept thinking of the two of you! :) Your CHS stitching is wonderful.

joann in tx said...

Love the colorful pillowcases! how thoughtful and loving you are! :)

birds&bees....looks fun!

but i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those blocks!!

how cool is that?