Thursday, June 10, 2010

Just Gardening...

I never had a window box before this one that my husband built last year. I absolutely love it. I have hinted to him that I want them on the upstairs front windows. So far he is ignoring me. LoL! After these flowers have sucked the life out of the soil, I will put them into a huge barrel and then plant some fall stuff, which will stay put until it freezes. It's such a pleasant site in the early morning. You cannot see it, but there is a wooden, fat white hen in the other side of the box..it sits down rather low, but I can see it from my side of the kitchen window.












Thanks for taking the time to visit my garden.

13 comments:

Margaret said...

You have such a lovely garden! I love window boxes. Love the rooster that I can see too!

Devon said...

Wow,,,you sure do have a green thumb,,beautiful...thanks for sharing..

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I LOVE your window boxes, Marsha! The flowers in the boxes and your gardens are so beautiful! Love the clematis!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I love the window box! Beautiful flowers everywhere !!!

Deb said...

Your pictures are just wonderful and you may be able to enjoy those flowers in the windowboxes all summer. I used to have them and mine lasted all year with some Miracle Gro every once in a while. They are just wonderful!!

Cari said...

Wow...love the flower boxes and all the other snaps of your garden. Love the doggie too!! Hugs

~Judy~ said...

Marsha, what beautiful flowers. You must be the envy of your neighborhood!! I would LOVE to see FULL shots of all your garden beds and flowers PLEASE!!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your window box is a beauty. I'm thrilled that my lilies are starting to bloom.

Berit said...

I especially like the deep purple of the 7th pic!

Jackie's Stitches said...

The window boxes are lovely. There is just something so homey and welcoming about them.

At our house, we don't garden. We do yard work.

Paulette said...

Oh goodness, everything is blooming beautifully! I'll have to come over and see it all in person! :)

LLLLLY

Anne said...

Beautiful garden and I love the rooster.

Nicola said...

Lovely photos of your garden and the window boxes are just beautiful.