Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fall to Harmony (2)

This little place was our destination..it is an Amish community, though you see very few Amish people about. Last year when we went, they set up roadside places where you could buy their handmade items. I love the little door basket I found as well as the jams and goat-milk soaps. They put their family name on the items. That was last year..this year, I honestly cannot blame them for not being outside. It wasn't fit for the poor horses.

This little shop was absolutely amazing to look at. Ceiling-to-floor stuff, and there is no room for 2 people to pass on an isle..you have to be careful everywhere you walk, because there is so much stuff on the floors, even, that you have to kind of shuffle your way through. There are several rooms. I cannot figure out how they do inventory when there is not even room on a wall for a thumbtack.




Ok, I lied..I see some wall space where they could put TONS more stuff. LoL!


More later...and thank you for stopping by.


7 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun (and beautiful) trip! Love these photos!!

Anonymous said...

OMG~!!!!!! I WANNT TO GOOOOO THEREEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Just to that little shop...I could spend hoursssssss llllly mommmm!

Margaret said...

Oh what fun! I love virtual shopping trips! I get to enjoy all the goodies without being able to buy anything. :D Thanks for the pictures of all the goodies.

Anne said...

What a great place to visit. Next time tuck me in your suitcase. So what did you buy?

Katrina said...

Very fun! Looks like such a nice weekend trip :-). We are hoping to do a little roadtrip of our own this weekend, weather permitting.

Paulette said...

Wow, what a TON of stuff!!! I'd love to go there too!!!! Me, you, Aud... Dad's wallet.

LLLLY!

Siobhán said...

What a neat little shop! I could spend hours in a place like that. :)