I have just been in my Green Room. How on earth did I end up with so many unfinished projects? I would list them, but I don't want to embarrass myself, so I'll see how much I can finish up over the summer before doing so. I've been working on my fall quilt. I still have a looong way to go, and then I'll need the FBI to track down some backing fabric. I have been notorious for NOT getting my backing fabric whenever I get a quilt kit. I thought it would always be there--I searched for over an hour the other night looking for a particular fabric that was plentiful many months ago..I don't know what I would have done without Kim. She actually identified the fabric I needed by a NUMBER! I was impressed! I mean, I had cut OFF all of the numbers when I made the quilt. I'm still learning..the hard way.
Monday, August 3, 2009
August
I think summer finally hit town today. We've been so blessed to have such nice mild weather all spring/summer long. While it's was never hot enough for my vegetable garden to flourish, I figure it is less costly to buy those vegetables than to run the a/c and $prinkler system so much.
I have just been in my Green Room. How on earth did I end up with so many unfinished projects? I would list them, but I don't want to embarrass myself, so I'll see how much I can finish up over the summer before doing so. I've been working on my fall quilt. I still have a looong way to go, and then I'll need the FBI to track down some backing fabric. I have been notorious for NOT getting my backing fabric whenever I get a quilt kit. I thought it would always be there--I searched for over an hour the other night looking for a particular fabric that was plentiful many months ago..I don't know what I would have done without Kim. She actually identified the fabric I needed by a NUMBER! I was impressed! I mean, I had cut OFF all of the numbers when I made the quilt. I'm still learning..the hard way.
I have been stitching..I just cannot share a picture. I've been working on my Christmas gift for Paulette for several weeks now. Also a sampler that she will be releasing, and I have duct tape on my mouth right now. I will share a picture of my progress soon. I hope everyone is having a really nice summer. Thanks for stopping by...
I have just been in my Green Room. How on earth did I end up with so many unfinished projects? I would list them, but I don't want to embarrass myself, so I'll see how much I can finish up over the summer before doing so. I've been working on my fall quilt. I still have a looong way to go, and then I'll need the FBI to track down some backing fabric. I have been notorious for NOT getting my backing fabric whenever I get a quilt kit. I thought it would always be there--I searched for over an hour the other night looking for a particular fabric that was plentiful many months ago..I don't know what I would have done without Kim. She actually identified the fabric I needed by a NUMBER! I was impressed! I mean, I had cut OFF all of the numbers when I made the quilt. I'm still learning..the hard way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Gosh, Marsha those fabbie colors and prints are gorgeous!! Glad that Kim was able to help you out!
Can't wait to see what you are stitching, both the gift and the new sampler design! WooHoo!
Oh the fabrics are so yummy! Makes me want to get over to our fabric store! I can't wait to see your fall quilt. After everything begin to settle down a bit I plan to pick a pattern or two to sew up into quilt tops!
I can't wait to see your stitching! My tomatoes are slow going this year for some reason too.
Don't we all have tons of UFOs? I don't even want to think about mine! lol! Love the fabrics and colors! So glad Kim could help you find the backing fabric -- wow, never thought about keeping the numbers!!!
I can't wait to see what you are doing for Paulette.
Love the prints, they are so pretty.
Your autumn quilt is going to be beautiful! I am also notorious for not buying backing fabric when I should. Tsk, tsk. Can't wait to see what you're stitching on!!
Oh my gosh, Marsha, I LOVE the colors in those fabrics!! I can't wait to see what you're working on for Paulette. I always enjoy seeing what the two of you stitch for each other!
Post a Comment