Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Meandering through the week...

Here is the latest needleminder in my wee, growing collection. Oh gosh..every time I get another, it becomes my favorite, but seriously this time--this one IS my favorite!!! Ok..I have my eye on at least 2 others, one in particular because I love, love, love Halloween, but for now, this one is my VERY favorite.

I am in awe at the detail in this little thing (the shadow is the camera lens). If I have not said so: Paula, if you are reading, your stuff is AMAZING!

And what a perfect pair of scissors for a gardener. Can you see the flower pot? It's also Kelmscott.

When I opened my kitchen blinds this morning, this precious youngling--mourning dove--was on the deck railing.

This is a scarf that I am knitting for Sophie--she picked it out, along with about 5 more she wants. Looks like one of Paulette's garden creatures at present.

And lastly, I wanted to show you the punch needle basket my sister Linda sent for my birthday a few weeks ago. We learned to do this together when she visited a few years ago..I really didn't think she would stick with it, but she turns out the most beautiful work. Me..I have NOTHING punch needle except what she has gifted me with! In case you don't know--that is Sophie in the white frame, and my precious 86-year-old mother and another of my sisters in the smaller frame.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that morning dove! SOOO cute!!! LLLLY! Aud

Margaret said...

You're right -- that is one gorgeous needleminder. I love it but am trying to resist it! Nice scarf. And nice needle punch from your sister! I guess the talent is all over your family!

Sherry said...

Oh you are enabling me! I may have to give in and get a needleminder or two! I love these garden scissors! They will have to go on my wishlist! What a lovely basket too!

Jan said...

Oh golly I love that punchneedle basket! How thoughtful of your sis to provide you with the works of her hands. Love the fiber that Sophie picked out too!

I NEED one of those needleminders and those scissors!

Melissa said...

You are just the greatest family of women, you stitch and quilt, Paulette not only stitches but designs, your sister punchneedles and gives you gifts of her handwork, I think that's just awesome.