Monday, April 30, 2012

Sew Busy

Good afternoon friends! Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Birds & Bees. It is still sitting here, patiently waiting for framing, along with about half a dozen other pieces. Since the last post, I sent along Christmas Garden and another BBD sampler--from the Honeysuckle Manor book--to Jill for framing. I hope to have a picture to share soon, but you don't rush perfection. I don't have any real stitching progress to share right now, though I did start on Paulette's piece for our Winter Sampler Exchange. This time I cannot even share one letter, because that silly girl will hunt down the color and style to try to figure out what I am stitching for her! Anyhow, I started an older CHS design besides that, but so far, I'm just filling in clouds.


I have been making lots of these, because are wonderful in the kitchen:


And while I am no Natalia, (sorry..I don't currently have her link on hand at this computer), I worked up a little stitching tote for my latest project, minus the button yet:


I'm sure everyone has seen Mother's Garden by Blackbird Designs..Omg..what better piece to follow Christmas Garden! I will start that as soon as I get a moment, and everything in the Joyeux Noel book. I honestly don't know how my wrists will hold out for everything I want to work on..and here I sit typing on a break from typing.


And lastly, I have to show you what was in my Clematis arbor. I have never in my life seen Cardinal eggs! They are much bigger than I would have ever guessed. And look at how neat her little nest is..no trash pieces. Anyhow, I will be out of town over the weekend, and what do you think will happen while I am away?


Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope everyone is having a lovely spring.

21 comments:

Catherine said...

A post full of all kinds of goodness! Love all of your projects and those dishcloths!
Great shot of the cardinal eggs! Hopefully you can get some shots of the babes!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I've never seen cardinal eggs either - they are gorgeous!

Looks like you've been busy! I've never knit or crocheted a dishcloth before and I'm not quite sure why.

Faye said...

Just look at those eggs~~~ Beautiful! And, no wonder you can't show even one little stitch for MsPaulette...brainiac that she is!!! tee-hee....can't wait to see all your framed goodies....

Take care, Faye

Lynn said...

Love your new start!
I have a friend who makes those dishcloths and I always get some from her. They're fantastic, much better than store bought ones!

This is the first time I've ever seen cardinal eggs. I know we have a pair in our neighbourhood but I think they make their nest in the cedar hedges. I hope you're around when the babes are born!

Margaret said...

Oh my gosh! Those eggs and that nest -- just so cool! Looking forward to seeing your Black Horse Inn. My mother would make those towels too. Nice! Yes, I can imagine Paulette trying to figure out what you're making for her. lol! You two are so lucky to have each other as stitching companions!

Katrina said...

Fun post, can't wait to see what you and Paulette stitch for each other :-). Great picture of the cardinal eggs and nest too.

Cari said...

Lovely post. I'm looking forward to your stitching progress and Jill's framing !! Have fun this week !!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I just found your Blog...through Edgar's Blog. I love your Blog.

Are those Dish Cloths that you made? I too crochet besides Quilting and besides Beading and besides Counted Cross Stitch and Reading too. I made several crochet Dish Cloths last year and sold them to my friends.

I too have a blog and i would love for you to be one of my followers.

Patty C. said...

oh - Awesome little eggs - & of course your new stash is perfect !!!

Great job on your stitching tote !

Chris said...

Your new start is going to be lovely. I can't wait to see what your Winter exchange piece will be. What a wonderful tradition you and Paulette have.
The project bag looks beautiful.
I can't believe the cardinal eggs. They are so beautiful. What a gift it is to see something like that.

Lanie said...

Oh my, your dish cloths brought back memories of my grandmother...she crocheted hundreds of them! I love the "Black Horse Inn" design. I look forward to following your progress. Maybe one day it will make it into my stitching basket! Thanks for sharing the cardinal eggs. I've never seen them either, although we have a mama cardinal who visits our living room window every morning and afternoon. Don't know what she wants, but she spends about 1/2 hour just flying into the window ... makes our dog crazy!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Ooooh, can't wait to see your framing come back from Jill!

Your stitchers wallet looks great and I love the color!

You got some wonderful stash and some great choices of things to work on. We'll be anxious to see what you do for Paulette this year for Christmas. Gosh, that seems like a long way away!

What a fun thing to find in your garden! The nest and eggs are beautiful!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Ummm....yes! I was at Jill's yesterday and saw your Christmas Garden first hand! It is just FABULOUS! Makes me want to stitch it today!

Cathy Lloyd said...

PS...enjoy your typing...as I will mine...sort of...er editing nowadays...

Keeper of the Crowes said...

I am so looking forward to seeing how you frame your Birds and Bees piece.as I'm almost finished with mine. Love all of your design choices and am really looking forward to your next finished piece.
Linda

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Busy, busy girl! Pretties abound! There are loads more cardinals around my place than there used to be, but I've not inspected their nest. Thanks for sharing!

valerie said...

Wow, what a beautiful nest! I've never seen cardinal eggs before either and I never knew they were a speckled blue either. How pretty! Great stitching wallet too. It's a fun print!

Natalia said...

Looking forward to seeing the birds and the bees all framed.
I think you did a beautiful job on your stitch wallet :-)
I can't get over how beautiful those cardinal eggs are !!! I love cardinals an I saw one for the first time just a few years go. I hope you get to see them hatch.

Laurie in Iowa said...

I don't think I've ever seen a cardinal's egg before. Thanks for sharing the photo with us. I love trying to guess what you and Paulette are stitching for your exchange. Whatever you've decided I know it will be great.

Deb said...

We have a lot of cardinals around here, but I've never seen the eggs. Now I'll know them when I see them. For some reason quite a few birds around here seem to build low nests.

I love your dish clothes but have never knit any myself.

Can't wait to see your framed pieces.

Siobhán said...

Cardinal eggs! How neat! Beautiful shot of the nest.

I can't wait to see the progress on your stitching. Love the dishcloths! I have always admired how Staci from Stitches N Stash puts them together with a fancy bar of soap and ties it up so nicely to give as gifts. I keep encouraging my knitting & crocheting daughters to do that, but nothing yet... ;)