After much work on Christmas Garden this winter, I have moved along to hopefully finish up CHS' Birds & the Bees. I love the cheerful colors, and who wouldn't want pink and blue birds? :) I don't know why I ever put it away.
Other than the normal March winds, we had the lovliest of spring days this past weekend here in the Heartland..I just hope we don't get a freeze at this point. Our winter was way too mild and short. We spent all weekend outside--me supervising my always-willing-to-please-me husband, and he didn't disappoint me this time, either..he worked and I am sore! Well, anyhow, I will leave you with a few special things that I stumbled upon.
I'm not sure if you can tell there is a tiny nest there..it is a cardinal's nest and has been used for two years so far.
These daffodils, of course, are the first things to bloom..I just picked them this afternoon.
I hope that if it is spring in your area you are enjoying it. Again, thanks to all who stop by to share part of your days with me.

25 comments:
The cardinal is gorgeous! And I love the little head peeking out of the bird house.
Your CHS piece is beautiful! Wonderful pictures. I love the tail of the bird sticking out. So sweet.
Oooh... Jill Rensel. Can't wait to see what she comes up with :)
Your Birds and the Bees WiP looks great. The colours are so pretty.
Lovely pics. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Veronica.
I love your CHS piece! It's so whimsical and the colors just scream spring. Can't wait to see what wonders Jill does on your Christmas Garden!
Such a lovely project! Just right for spring, and it looks like great fun to stitch - great going.
Beautiful progress on your current project.
It sounds like your husband is a great guy.
I love all the bird pics.
Have a great week!
Love your Birds and Bees so far -- so pretty! And your bird pictures and all -- so cool! Can't wait to see what Jill Rensel does with your CG!
hello
Your WIP is lovely.
Your photos are great too. I like the ones of the nesting box the best.
Happy stithing!
Gorgeous stitching! I love all those pink and blues!
We also had a glorious weekend and it is continuing for most of this week. Great to get outdoors again! I love your pics especially the one of the cardinal. They can be so skittish and its difficult to photograph them.
Birds & Bees looks GREAT!
Love those pink flowers and bees! :)
Oh my gosh gosh gosh. I would stitch this, but I feel certain you'll give it to me for Christmas, and I wouldn't want doubles.
This piece causes me to sin. Quit being a stumblingblock.
LLLLLY!
me
I'm sorry to be so dense but who is CHS for the designer or your Birds & Bees. This is a lovely pattern and your stitching is wonderful.
Thanks in advance.
blake@cfu.net
BEAUTIFUL.....the CHS and the photos! You and Paulette have the same awesome photography skills!
Such lovely colours! And I just love all the birds - stitched and real :)
Hugs,
Tatyana
Your Birds and Bees is so pretty. Gorgeous colours.
Love the bird photos.
The colors on your CHS are beautiful!! Now that you've "teased" us, I'm anxious to see it finished!!!!
Linda
I love those pink and blue birds and the bees!!!!! I told Paulette next night, I might have to kit it up :-).
Great colors in your new project! Love the bird pics too!
Beautiful pictures, Marsha. Birds and Bees is such a fun and pretty sampler. I'll be looking forward to your finish. :)
The birds are very busy here in Holland too. Such a fun time of year and I delight in the birdsong each day all over again...
I love your CHS piece! The colors say welcome to spring. I might look this up to add to my stash if it is still in print. I just love seeing yours that much!
Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi
The colors are wonderful in this piece. Loved seeing all your spring flowers.
Gorgeous stitching! Love the colors of Birds a& the Bees.
Just saw your post on my blog...and so I had to go snooping! Say Hello to Paulette for me when you stop by today! I'm going to spend some time here looking at all your lovely stitching!
Love how Birds & Bees is coming along. What a perfect piece to work on for spring. And I loved seeing the photos of the birds too - so fun!
Post a Comment