Saturday, April 7, 2012

That box..

Remember this project box? I shouldn't have peeked. I don't know how it got so full again. I was actually disappointed to find yet another Civil War table runner buried in the bottom. Don't get me wrong..I love them, but this is the fourth one I've put together. I couldn't just leave it..


It was an act of determination to take it out..nothing more.



But I'm glad I did..finished! And back to Birds & Bees. Someone in the last post wondered who CHS is..Carriage House Samplings. I know it doesn't look like I have done much of anything since the last picture was taken..I really have done a good bit..I am currently working on the deer antlers there on the right. I can't wait to finish this piece.


For you, from my garden...




Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments and for stopping by.

17 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

Such pretty fabric for your table runner... I love Civil War era fabrics. Your CHS piece looks fabulous... great colors.
Happy Easter!

Jackie's Stitches said...

That looks like a great box of scraps! I know you're happy to have another table runner finished. I have a couple of projects that I need to finish up too. The flowers from your garden are beautiful!

Margaret said...

Love the table runner -- it's so pretty! Nice on the CHS piece too! And wow -- you already have lilacs?! That's nuts! They usually don't come out till May, right? At least around here. Have a wonderful Easter!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Beautiful table runner, Marsha! The fabrics are so pretty. Great progress on the CHS piece, it has really pretty cord, too. I can't believe you already have lilacs. Ours don't look anywhere near ready to bloom. I love them and can't wait for them to pop.
Happy Easter!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

The CHS piece has pretty colors: not cords. Typing on the phone....

Deborah said...

I love the fabric on your table runner. Civil War era fabrics are so beautiful. Great progress on your CHS piece. The lilacs are so pretty. Mine haven't bloomed yet.

Catherine said...

Love the colors in your runner! Lovely stitches too!
Oooohhh.....your lilacs are so pretty, one of my favorites.

Annette-California said...

Lovely fabrics and what a pretty table runner. Your blooms are gorgeous. Great progress on your CHS sampler.

Katrina said...

Love, love, love the table runner!!! Birds and Bees is so sweet, the colors are wonderful.

Pretty garden pictures too!!!!

Faye said...

The table runner is perfect~ No way to leave it undone.... And Birds and Bees is progressing nicely...I am still in awe of the Christmas Sampler you finished... I have it and will be stitching it soon as you and Paulette suggested but pulling that border up at the bottom...

Blessings to all of you this Easter time.... Always, Faye

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Runners and stitching and flowers, oh, my! You've been a busy bee, haven't you? All just as lovely as the next - and I imagine the smell is quite divine, too. Nice to "see" you! Happy Easter!

Chris said...

I love lilacs and miss them. I don't ever see any in NC.
Beautiful projects!
Happy Easter!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

The colors of both your piece and from your garden are spectacular. I can almost smell those lilacs!!! They would look wonderful in a vase on that runner!!!
Linda

Michelle said...

Oh the return of the project box! Congrats on the table runner - fantastic fabrics! And your B&B is looking beautiful. Love the photos from your garden too...

Berit said...

Beautiful! Those garden pics were just what I needed toda--and your CHS fits right in! :D

dixiesamplar said...

Lovely indeed...and such sweet Spring pics!

Lynn said...

Birds and Bees is such a pretty design! I love those pinks and blues.
How lovely to see your lilacs! Ours will bloom about mid May. I planted a new white bush last year and I'm hoping it survived the winter.