Thursday, October 20, 2011

Random fall pictures

Gosh, Halloween is near upon us! Is there anything more fun than fall? I love the drastic change in weather and the beautiful colors that are popping up everywhere. Each fall, Weather & Worn has an their Open House, and Paulette and I scrounge about just waiting for the perfect little thing to scream at us to take home..here are a few little lovelies. Ok..the first piece is not "lovely," I guess..my husband's comment: "Did you pay money for that?" My Audrey's comment: "Oh..Mom! That is the UGLIEST thing I have ever seen." I don't understand..Paulette and I were each feeling bad because the other wanted him so much..must be the skinny legs or something? I wouldn't dare tell my husband how much I paid for this little fella. It's ok if you think he is ugly.





This old corncob basket is one of my favorite things..I've had it for a very long time, and it is crooked as all get-out.


A love present from Paulette from our trip to W&W..old candlesticks and older candles.


A love present from my Audrey..


If looks could kill..look at the way that cardinal is looking at that Blue Jay



New favorite fall candle. I've never met a buttercream I didn't like.






If you are still here, I thank you so very much for sharing part of your time with me. I always try to link back new visitors, and I am so sorry that it does not always work, but please know I appreciate you stopping by. I hope everyone is enjoying fall.

23 comments:

MartyG said...

Myra, these are great decorations and I don't think the skinny leg guy is ugly. Marty

LoriU said...

Love the stained glass pumpkins in the last picture!!

Margaret said...

I love all these pics of fall goodness! That cat guy with the skinny legs is wonderful!!!! I love him! So is the corncob basket! I love everything, as a matter of fact. You always decorate for the season so beautifully. Thanks for sharing!

Jackie's Stitches said...

You have decorated so beautifully for fall! I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't decorated at all. Not one single thing. Do you hang AaHRH year round? I think I would! :)

Cindy said...

I hate to disagree with half your family, but I think the little man is so cute. Skinny legs and all. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics.

Cari said...

What is not to LOVE about a cat with skinny legs??? Thanks for the pics of a lovely fall and Halloween. I love it ALL.

Anonymous said...

Marsha I love all your fall decorations. I think that your new additon is cute!!! What do men know anyway... You have me hooked I have been making pillow cases. I am getting better, I might even try a quilting class again....Do you do the french seams on yours? I love picking the fabrics.

BrendaS said...

I think you black cat is just perfect for Halloween:))

Love all your Halloween and Fall pics! Thanks for sharing

Jenny said...

I love the black cat with the skinny legs.....he has so much personality and really makes you smile...which is his job anyway right? Love all the Fall decorations....thanks for sharing

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I love the skinny legged guy!! Wish mine were that skinny! lol Beautiful decorations!

Sherry said...

Your DH and Audrey are so wrong! That little guy is adorable! Thanks for sharing all your other Fall goodies and stitching! I sort of gave up on seasonal decorating as much as I used to do so it's fun to see what others have.

Catherine said...

Wonderful decorating! Love the cat! Not ugly at all in my opinion! Thanks for sharing!

~Judy~ said...

Marsha, he's not ugly! He's super cute! Love all your Halloween stitching.

Deborah said...

OK. I love the skinny legged cat and the decorations are beautiful.

Cindy in Virginia said...

Hi, Marsha! I love, love, love it all...esp. the skinny legged cat!

Paulette said...

I love that skinny cat! And as usual, your house is soooo beautifully decorated. I can't wait for Chills & Chili night!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Hey, Marsha. Thanks for sharing your beautiful autumn favs with us. I'd be willing to say that some of the least beautiful things turn into my most loved possessions? It's good to know others like that type (ugly) things, too! And for the opposite - It was a real pleasure to meet your Paulette at Myrtle Beach this year. Hope she enjoyed it a fraction as much as we enjoyed her!

Berit said...

I lol'ed about the circus-y cat figurine. :D

Wonderful interiors of the season!

Siobhán said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I loved your post--what a feast for the eyes. The pumpkin teapot--how adorable!! I love the cat guy, too. Definitely not creepy. A few years ago I went to a folk art store and bought a rabbit with a hooked rug face. I loved it--definitely quirky--but my family thought I was insane for buying it. My niece was almost 2 at the time and when she saw it, she climbed up onto her mother's lap. ROFLOL

Melissa said...

Awesome post! I am deeply in love with the black cat! Happy Halloween!

Tanya said...

ALL spooky decor is great esp that pillow. Hope your Halloween is wickedly fun.

Tanya

Michelle said...

Oh I'm loving everything - and that guy is super cute...no wonder you and Paulette both wanted him!!! I love the corn cob basket too, what a fun piece for fall. And yay for Village hanging on the wall finished and framed!

Anna van Schurman said...

I love the little black cat with scrawny legs!