This is where I was at on Halloween Hornbook last week.
Thanks to some wonderful BBC series, I have made some nice progress.
And I wanted to share a couple of lovlies with you. Paulette came by the other day, when no human should have been out in this weather, and brought me the sweetest February banner for my foyer mirror. I was tickled pink! Thank you so much, Paulette..it's just beautiful. I just wish I could have photographed it better.
This past Christmas was our first annual bowl exchange between me and my girls. I love bowls and am forcing my obsession on both of my daughters. :) Here is the one Paulette gave to me.
And this is from my Audrey. It is the prettiest lime green, but for some reason the color is not showing up as it should. As you see, they both got flowers but as far as I know, they did not compare notes when shopping.
This BIG surprise was from Sabrina..she didn't even know we were having a bowl exchange, but I didn't know she didn't know. When I opened it, I had a moment of panic because I did not get HER a bowl. :) Anyhow, this is really my second one from Sabrina..you might remember the turquoise one with the green apples in it from a previous post..she has the most colorful tastes. The inside is just as pretty as the outside.
I was very surprised at these little beauties..Sophie picked them out with no help at all from mom, and look how perfect the colors are with that bowl. She truly knew what her MeMe would love.
And yet another surprise was this little lovely from Breanna..It is absolutely so much more beautiful than this picture..I should have just had Paulette come over for a photo shoot. :) Anyhow, my girls were willing to trade me anything for this..ha! Not a fat chance!
On a personal note:
Berit, I have a quilting sewing machine, and it is perfect for all of my smaller things, but it is not a "long-arm." Unless I want to do a very basic stitch, a bed quilt will get sent to someone with one, as it is just too frustrating trying to fight with something that size on a home machine. That said, the lady at the place where I got my machine must have the patience of Job! She was doing a full quilt on the machine, and it was absolutely beautiful.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
23 comments:
What a fun post! Love your hornbook progress! And the banner from Paulette! Wow! You have a very creative daughter! Love the bowl exchange! You didn't show what you gave your daughters.... :D Nice pressies from the granddaughters as well!
Love the hornbook progress! The bowls are beautiful.
Marsha -- I'm a bowl nut. lol Those are wonderful!! I'm forever buying bowls and am (or already!) losing space for all these things ... or so my husband says. :) I sold Southern Living at Home for awhile and oh MY did I get some wicked cool bowls through that!!
Tanya
Wow, I love all of the sweet goodies, you received from your girls! Each is so pretty!!
Love, love, love your progress on the Halloween Hornbook, I want to start this one so badly, but I am trying to get these wips out of the way first!
Have a wonderful week, Marsha!
Loved all the lovely photos of bowls and other gifts you received. Your love ones really know you well. Such perfect gifts.
What lovely bowls! And your hornbook progress is inspiring!
Marsha, your hornbook looks GREAT! Can't wait to see it finished! And all of your new bowls and other pretties, what a lucky girl you are!
Great stitchy progress! Love all the bowls and other goodies - you gals sure know how to exchange and surprise each other!
The first time I saw the Halloween Hornbook was on your blog. It's a beautiful piece and you've stitched and photographed it beautifully. You've made great progress!
The bowls are wonderful and each have such interesting qualities. I also like the porcelain pineapple that is on the edge of one of your pictures.
Your hornbook is looking great. I just love all your bowls. A bowl exchange would be great fun.
Lion, Marcia! The hornbook is looking great and such good pics, too. Awesome bowls; what is it about them? I love them, too.
Darling banner from Paulette. Her creativity knows no bounds.
That should have said" Wow, Marcia" not sure how my typepad changed that to lion!
Nice progress on your hornbook. Your banner and all your bowls looks so nice. What a treat to receive such great gifts from loved ones.
Have a good day.
Great progree on your lovely Hornbook.
Wonderful gifts and so many pretty bowls.
Marsha, thank you SO much for taking the trouble to let me know about this! :D I really appreciate the feedback on what you do--your work is so beautiful!
What a great haul from Christmas for you--I think my favorites are the bowl from Sabrina and Breanna's gift! :D I love yellow cheery home accessories. :)
Your hornbook progress is wonderful. I think that is another one languishing in my stash that I should pull out. It always takes seeing someone's work on a project that makes you slap your head and think that you need to do it too!
And just love those bowls. I've just started collecting them. Home Goods is a great place to find them. And just love the last piece with the bird. It's beautiful.
Marsha, I love all the gifts - especially the bird cloche. Your hornbook is looking fantastic. Amazing what you can accomplish with a good show on!
Kudos on your progress on the hornbook!
Love all of your goodies...looks like you all have great tastes!
happy stitching.....hope you are staying warm!
Wonderful! Your hornbook is coming along beautifully and what a fun banner! I may have to join your bowl exchange! Until now, I was the only bowl-aholic I knew of! All of the bowls are just perfect. Sophie and Bri picked out beautiful gifts too!
How fun to have a bowl exchange. They are beautiful. Snow is good for stitching...reading...quilting... Your progress on the hornbook alphabet is great. I am working on a cat sampler that seems to be never ending. Maybe I need to borrow some snow from somewhere is the US...what do you think?
Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi
Oh what pretties! All so beautiful!
Happy progress on your stitching.
Happy Stitching!
Nice progress on your hornbook, Marsha!
You must have passed down the ability to pick out great stuff to your daughters and granddaughters. Each of them picked out such fantastic items! How neat. I love the banner that Paulette made, too. That girl is too creative!
You have a lovely blog, I will be back to read more soon.
Be always in stitches.
Post a Comment