Friday, September 10, 2010

End of Summer

Could it possibly be?? It seems like just a few short weeks ago I was complaining that I was sick of the snow and freezing cold temps; here it is just around the corner again, and I'm looking forward to it. At the first sign of fall, my girls and I go nuts wanting to do literally everything, and we never tire of it no matter how many years pass or how many times we do the same things. It truly is the beginning of the best part of the year.

I haven't been blogging much, but I've been quite busy, even when not working. I made my list and am trying so hard to cross things off; so, to make myself feel better, I started with the smallest thing, since it would take the least amount of work. I finished Sophie's scarf in 2 sittings..now, if it only took that little bit of time, why on earth did I leave it undone in the first place? I do have some bad habits. It is always more fun to start something.



Next, I finished up one of the soon-to-be-released designs for this new company, owned by no other than my sweet frilly lilly. I'm sorry I am not at liberty to show the whole thing, but I believe it is to be released this month...I wish you could spend one afternoon with Breanna when she is feeling creative. She has the drive of 3 people all bundled up in her little pretty self, and I don't think she has met any kind of craft that she doesn't want to become acquainted with. lol! She is truly a bundle of joy.


And while it will be a long time before I can cross this off my list, I have enjoyed just about every stitch on this BBD. I chose to use 36-count fabric, and even with that, I ran out of Blackbird. So, if you are doing this design, you will need at least 2 skeins of that, too.


Since I will be visiting my mother much later this month, I decided to do a set of pillow cases for her and one for one of my sisters..my mother is a flower queen, and roses just always remind me of her, so this was the perfect fabric..I did double topstitching on this set and did not use a contrasting fabric.


And I know this fabric looks familiar, as I had made a set like this for a girl going off to college, but I made both of these the same this time.


 I hope they like them, because I loved making them.

I want a pink quilt so bad, so I am collecting fabrics for it..this has the cutest peacocks on it and a lot of turquoise.


And I shall have a pair of comfy jammy pants out of the other. :) I am not sure if I put this on my list..but it's in my head.


How many times can someone say thanks to those who take time from their day to drop in just to see what someone might be up to? I do appreciate every one who stops by, whether you leave a comment or not....so, thank you.

14 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

The pansy print with the plaid is my favorite! So beautiful.
It was 67 degrees here today! Where did summer go? I had to dig out a sweatshirt.

Margaret said...

Isn't it amazing that fall is almost here? The temps make me believe it. :D I love Sophie's scarf!! Cool stuff! Love Breanna's company logo too! And the pilowcases for your mom and the fabric for your future pink quilt and jammies. NIce! Enjoy the fall weather(if you have it. :D)

Catherine said...

Can't wait to see pics of Sophie modeling her scarf!

How exciting for Breanna - she's shown some peeks and her designs look great!

I wore a sweater to my son's baseball game tonite!

Berit said...

Lookin' good. I'm amazed you used something up even with sitching on that high count! :o

Jackie's Stitches said...

Great job on finishing up some projects!

I always always love flowers and plaids/stripes together.

Midnight Watch is looking good!

Karen said...

You have been busy! I just love your pillow cases and the rose print is very pretty. will have to give them a try....

happy stitching....

Myra said...

I am sure Sophie is going to love her scarf. I am looking forward to seeing Breanna's designs, if she is anything like her mother they are sure to be winners. Have a great weekend!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous scarf and pillow cases. Love the sneak peeks of Breanna's new creations, so you are her model stitcher ;-)?

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Sophie is going to love that scarf ! I lve the peacock fabric. I love all those colors in the other fabric and pillow cases. I have the cloth to make the pillowcases. Need to get started.

Sherry said...

A pink quilt will be so yummy! I love all the fabrics! Maybe I need to make a list like you do!

Linda said...

You have beeen busy...I think I need to make a list to keep me on track. Love Sophie's green scarf and the pretty, pretty sweet dream pillow cases...hugs, Linda

Siobhán said...

I love Sophie's scarf! Best of luck to Breanna with her new design business. It's so nice to see younger adults excited about creative endeavors. Love the pillow cases and the fabric!

Michelle said...

So many pretty things, especially the peacock fabric! Your Midnight Watch is really coming along beautifully as well.

Ann-Marie said...

I'm working on Midnight Watch too, and I had the same problem with the amount of Blackbird! I'm using the suggested 32-count fabric and it may require more than 3 skeins before it's done. If they could tell us to get 2 skeins each of the two Gingersnap colors, why could they not tell us to get more of the Blackbird? grump grump grump But I sure do love this pattern.