Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Midnight Watch

Thank you for your comments on the muffins; yes, they are the same ones Paulette posted on either her blog or the FSC, but I forgot she did. Some of you have requested the Lemon-Sour Cream ones that I mentioned, but I just don't feel right in posting something that I have not tried yet. It would be quite embarrassing if they were disgusting. I will let you know when I try them, though, and if they are good, I will share the recipe.
It's hotter than hades here in the heartland this week, so what better way to spend some time between work. I am sure most of you know what this is. It seems like everywhere I visit, someone has it in the works. It's the perfect piece for dreaming about fall. I have taken so many pictures of this piece but am still struggling with the light and getting the fabric color to show up..I haven't a clue what the white spot is on the picture--it's not on the fabric.

16 comments:

Deborah said...

Your midnight watch is coming along beautifully.

Jackie's Stitches said...

You've made nice progress! It's a wonderful project to dream about fall while stitching.

Margaret said...

I love how it's looking so far! This is definitely a must stitch project!

Nicole said...

Beautiful start Marsha!! I really want to stitch this one sometime soon!

natalysneedle said...

Beautiful start. I have recently picked this back up after a little break. It's coming along just not as quickly as I would like.
Happy Stitching!

Sherre said...

Totally understand about the recipe. We'll let you be our taste-tester! :-) Love the piece you are stitching--very pretty. I'm in the heartland, sweltering with you!

DonnaTN said...

I love this piece! You have made me want to start mine.

Berit said...

Lookin' good--the colors of that frond are just lovely.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

MW is really beautiful, Marsha! I love the colors.

Katrina said...

It's so pretty! I love the colors :-). I am ready for autumn to come too.

Deb said...

Wow, I've missed a few of your posts!! Love your start! I love that piece so much and will enjoy watching your progress. The muffins in the last post look wonderful - something that I'm definitely going to have to try.

Jan said...

Midnight Watch....love your progress, Marsha!!! And yeppers, it is still very horridly hot here too!

Heidi said...

It is sometimes so difficult to get a color or spotting to show up on a photo. That sounds funny to even say but stitcher's know what we mean. I am sorry to hear that it is still so hot there. We now have normal Dutch summer weather. It is almost autumn like with cooler temps and rain on and off. I love it!

Speaking of autumn, it has arrived. I bought my first pumpkins this past weekend. I wanted to blog about it yesterday but did not get around to it. I will do so today so stop by to take a look.....

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Siobhán said...

Beautiful progress on Midnight Watch! I loved stitching that piece. Seeing your progress makes me want to run & get another BBD out to start.

I am woefully behind on blog commenting & posting! I saw that you were reading The Tale of Halcyon Crane & Forgotten Garden, two books in my favorite category. I just LOVED them. I think I liked The House at Riverton more than Forgotten Garden. Kate Morton has a new book coming out this autumn and I can not wait! If you liked those two books, definitely check out Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale, if you haven't read it already.

Michelle said...

Lovely progress on Midnight Watch - the colors are so nice.

Linda said...

I have had the best time visiting and reading several of your earlier post. Midnigt Watch looks wonderful, I love the colors. I have MW in my stitching basket and after seeing yours I'm anxious to get started on it...love the lace scissors too.

I make muffins every Sunday and I going to have to try yours they look so good...hugs, Linda