Thursday, July 1, 2010

This-n-That

Good afternoon!
I just cannot seem to make much progress with my stitching during the summer months. I think I just try to do too many things. Here it is July, and I am still undecided about what to stitch for Paulette for Christmas. The way things have been going lately, we may just have to do an ornament exchange. :) Here is Ann Grimshaw..Since I stitch in hand, it stays wrinkled.


I actually got tired of doing leaves, so I'm just kind of working between these two.


I enjoyed making Breanna's pillow cases so much that I decided to do a few more, and here are some of the fabrics I will be working with.


And I just picked this pretty daisy. I want a pink garden now!


Thank you for taking the time to share a part of your day with me!

13 comments:

valerie said...

Beautiful wips! Ann Grimshaw is looking great...I just love red!

Pretty fabbys for the pillowcases as well.

Margaret said...

Your WIPs are gorgeous! I love all those fabrics too. I think it's harder in the summer months to get stuff done, don't you? Love your flower!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Your WIPs are gorgeous, Marsha! I don't seem to get near as much accomplished in the summer, either.

The fabrics for the pillow cases are really pretty and love the color of that daisy!

DonnaTN said...

Your wips are looking good! Lucky Breanna to get those pillow cases. Did the daisy come out of your garden? It is grogeous!

Deb said...

I think that a lot of us slow down in our stitching in the summer - warmer temps, longer days - I find it hard to sit down and stitch.

Your WIPS look wonderful - and I love those pillow case fabrics. You will have to show them when you have them put together.

Michelle said...

I agree - I think a lot of us are finding it hard to sit down and stitch right now. Here's to hoping that resolves itself soon! Love your WIPs - the red Ann is just so stunning!

Jackie's Stitches said...

You're WIPS are really coming along. I love the red in Anne Grimshaw. Great fabrics too for pillowcases. I really like the plaid and flowers together.

I love daisy's too. So bright and cheerful looking!

Berit said...

I just love that tradition you and Paulette have--last year will be hard to top! Ornaments might be good. ;)

I'm still thinking of trying my hand at some pillowcases.

Patty C. said...

A little bit of progress that looks that beautiful is just fine :)

Siobhán said...

Beautiful WIPs, Marsha! Nice progress. I LOVE those fabrics you're using for the pillow cases! Sweet! :)

Peggy Lee said...

Beautiful daisy. I have them planted in my flower garden in several colors.
Ann Grimshaw is beautiful so far!
If your're giving cross stitch for Christmas...I'm up for adoption!!
:^)

Katrina said...

Your Ann is really stunning in red and I love the CHS piece :-).

Gorgeous pillowcases, love the fabrics. I see them and think what pretty project bags they'd make. Love the flower pic too.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Pretty WIPs, and they are progressing even if you think it's slowly. The photo of your quilt ladder is great. No wonder you don't have much time for stitching - your yard and flowers are beautiful!