First of all I would like to thank you all for the sweetest birthday wishes anyone could receive. Needless to say, when I saw "Blog-Hacked" at the top of my blog, I panicked momentarily. I had forgotten that I gave my youngest my password one day because I couldn't get to the spelling error she pointed out to me. I'm sure it's not my first, but I'm usually a stickler for such. Anyhow, that's how she came to have such access to announce to the world that I am another year older. She reminded me a few weeks ago, "I don't have parents in their 40s anymore," to which I replied, "I don't have kids in their 20s anymore."
Is this bunch of cilantro not the most refreshing-looking thing? I didn't grow it for anything but to have a pinch here and there, but it's going crazy from all of the rain we have had. I wish it smelled as good as it looks.
Judy had asked if I would show some full shots of our garden. Here is some of one.
Those are mostly mums back there in that spot and are SO colorful when it's fall. Both sides, back and front, of the little arbor picket are packed with lilies.
I am actually standing up on my deck in front of the window boxes I showed you last week.
The little blog hacker wanted a Bistro table runner, so I've been working on it.
Since this book got such great reviews--and is one of Paulette's favorites--I thought I would listen to it. I just started on it yesterday..
Thought it would make good listening--while working on Ann Grimshaw. I know..it doesn't look much different than the last time I showed it, but I've been trying so hard to finish the leaves on Birds & Bees. And before one of my daughters mentions it, I did not iron it before taking the picture because I was in a hurry. And yes, you can see where I took out a few red stitches, but that will not show when I put them back in. :)
Thank you so much for sharing part of your day with me. I meant to tell Charlene that the little quilt she asked about is the piece I made when I took a quilting class years ago. And Judy and Joann asked to see my quilt ladder--I didn't bother to straighten or arrange, but here it is. Sorry..maybe I will haul it down one day so you can get a better view of the other quilts that are on it.
16 comments:
Garden is so baeutiful !! You must have to stay in it all the time!!! It is so Weedless. Just Beautiful !! I enjoyed looking at the pictures...
Love your garden!!! It looks like it takes a fair bit of work :-).
Gorgeous sampler and quilt ladder too.
Ah, so that's how your daughter hacked into your blog! lol! Tricky thing! Love your garden! Wow! The quilt ladder is great too! And your Ann -- so pretty! That book is the best ever! One of my favorites from last year for sure!
Looking at your pictures I am reminded that I truly do not have a garden - I have a yard. What a beautiful space you have! We all want to come visit now!
Thank you Marsha!! Your gardens are beautiful!!
How nice it all looks! I see Major hanging around. :) And I love the quilt ladder! :D
Your gardens are so pretty! I can smell the cilantro from here (one of my favorite smells - I love to press my nose into it). I love your quilt and the quilt ladder too! I think I need one of those (but where to put it?).
I am in total awe of your garden. I wish I had a talent for growing things. Perhaps I can persuade you to come try to grow something for me in Texas? Your Ann is looking beautiful - the red was such a perfect choice. Oooh, I quilt ladder, I think I need one!
I can't believe you used my garden photos and called them your own. LOLOL! Your gardens are gorgeous - although I do NOT care for the 18 hours/day they take to water them when you're out of town! Never go on vacation again in the summer! :)
I so wish I could just stop by to visit with you and enjoy your gardens!
Hi! I am glad you found my blog because I just love seeing yours now! We have so much in common including a quilt ladder. :-) My step father made one for me when he was visiting years ago and I love it. I also love to garden and read, quilt and stitch. You can see my quilting and stitching on my other blog AllMyScatteringMoments. I read that book and just loved it. I want to take time over the next weeks to look back through your archives.
Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi
Beautiful garden, Marsha! Love the sampler and the quilt, too. You'll love Guernsey, it is such a good book!
Your garden's amazing! And I sure love the quilts there, as always...
thanks for the picture of the quilt ladder! seeing it gives me a better image than just reading about it! :)
i've tried to find the Guernsey book to no avail. maybe next time i'm at the book store...Beautiful garden shots! i can imagine they are a LOT of work!!!
I am very happy you found my blog, and thank you for the nice comment. Happy Birthday too. Your work is beautiful and so is your garden. I love the sampler you are doing on the side. Have a good day, and please visit again.
Nancy
Your garden is just lovely. What a great place to spend time. The table runner is beautiful too. Ann is making progress and I know you will be thrilled to finish her up. Is that Sampler Folk I see above your door? I started it and it got snatched from me so I want to do it again!
Post a Comment