I guess I will never grow up when it comes to presents. Just ask any of my kids. :) Recently, Jan had a giveaway on her blog. She chose a winner, and then she chose two more names just because, and mine was one of them. How cool is that!? Just as I was starting to rip into that package, I remembered I should probably take a picture so I can share it with you all. Look how pretty her ribbon is. I love ribbons! They always are stuck to something special.
And this was indeed special! Jan sent me a beautiful box of notecards with a scripture verse on the front. I should have taken one out of the package so you could see it better..sorry. There were two Belle Soie silks--Poison Apple and Cobblestone--and a piece of 36-count Navy Bean linen by Lakeside. And she wrote a sweet note to me in that adorable little card there with the black cats. Was that not just the sweetest thing for someone to do? Jan, if you pop in, I want to thank you again for your kindness. What a sweet package that was.
And then the next day my package of Kelmscott goodies arrived. Are these "Scissors Shoes" not darling? I already know which one I will do: the one on the left, no doubt in red.
I drooled over these scissors. They are heavy and absolutely the prettiest that Kelmoscott has done, in my humble opinion. And I always look forward to the next needle minder. I don't know how I can pick a favorite of those..I love them all.
And here are just a couple of random pics I took last weekend. If anyone can identify that little yellow-breasted bird, I would appreciate it.
This was such a pretty sky. I wish the utility lines weren't in the picture.
Thank you for stopping by and sharing part of your day with me! And a special thank you for those of you who have left comments.
18 comments:
Yes, those are beautiful scissors! And I especially love that needleminder. I need to dig in the furniture cushions for lost change so I can buy some of this stuff.
Congratulations on getting the package from Jan! I just love her work.
Congrats on winning that sweet package from Jan. Love the new scissors and can't wait to see the slipper stitched up in red.
I have seen these scissors everywhere. I now HAVE to have them. Enjoy your new stash!
I got those scissors, as well and I love them. I now have to have the slipper to put them in. Congrats on winning the gift from Jan.
Oh, what nice packages you got in the mail!! Nice prize, and I love the Kelmscott stuff! Yummy!
I MUST get myself a pair of those scissors. All these frogs and no scissors to put in them LOL!
Congratulations on the giveaway win!
What lovely goodies! I love the ribbons - they make it extra-special
So nice! :D Thank you for sharing all your goodies with us. :D
Congrats on the giveaway win...what a great package! Love those scissors! Thanks for sharing the bird pictures...living in the city, you miss lots of nature.
Congrats on your win!! And those scissors, yum!!
Congratulations on your win! It was so nicely wrapped too. Makes it extra special.
The scissors shoes are precious. Red is a favorite color of mine and I'm looking forward to seeing the one you stitch.
What a nice present!!! No clue on the bird but it's very sweet :-).
Marsha, I am blushing, you are so very gracious!!! I am so glad that you like everything...makes a soul feel mighty good!:o)
I love, love, LOVE those scissors and that needleminder is a must have!! Must get mine ordered soonish!!
Let me know when you find out the name of that adorable lil bird!!
What a sweet package of goodies you won.
I ordered the darling lace scissors and love mine too...and your needle minder is so cool. I'm a fan of all things to do with birds..hugs, Linda
Oooh, so many pretty things!!! I love those Lace scissors, I'll have to have a pair, I'm sure. Speaking of stitching in red - you need to make sure to go look a Laurie's blog (Corgi Cottage), she's stitched up a sweet Red Hen sampler by BBD. I thought of you when I saw it!
Well, I say just never grow so you can always enjoy a great gift with the enthusiasm of a child! What a wonderful gift you received.
Kelmscott scissors are just beautiful and I am addicted to the needleminders too. The crow is adorable. I am using the beehive on my Emily SAL right now and it is like stitching jewelry. :-)
Have a great and creative weekend!
Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi
It looks like a young nuthatch to me. Though I am not a bird expert. ;)
WONDERFUL package you won - enjoy!!
What great mail you got there! And as for the giveaway, I can't think of anyone more deserving of special things with ribbons stuck to them than you.
LLLLLY!
Post a Comment