Remember this? Of course you do..I have shown way too many pictures of it by now that you must be tired of looking at it! This is the most simple quilt that anyone could put together..there is virtually no pieceing..just a large piece of fabric, two borders, and binding. But it took me three years, nearly, of playing around with it, and I am happy to say it is finished! My husband made me a wonderful quilt ladder for the hallway upstairs, so it's being put to good use. I did my very favorite meandering on it using a color that blends into the drab toile, black on the back, and then black for the outer border. Now I will finally have something to cross off my list.
You are so kind to drop by, and thanks to all who talked me through this one.
13 comments:
Beautiful Work, and big CONGRATS! :D I recently bought some "easter" Toile: garden-y bunnies in brown on a pink ground.
Oh so pretty! I love it! The fabrics look so great together! Sometimes simple is best -- especially with a great toile fabric like that! Congratulations!
Beautiful! I'm such a sucker for toile fabric! I think your quilt looks simple, yet elegant!!
Congrats on the finish !! It is bautiful. I like the colors.
It is still very pretty! Congrats on a great finish.
i'm one of the ones who missed this? think its turned out nice! would love to see it on the new quilt ladder! bet it feels good to have it finished!!!
It'sbeautiful. Iwould love to see it on the ladder too!
Oh, Marsha! It's not drab honey, it's FAB!!! Love the colors!!!
Beautiful! You will definitely enjoy this quilt!
I love it - those are the colors of my bedroom now, though not hand made! And what's that pretty one rolled on the floor over there?
Great use of that beautiful toile fabric. Congrats on your finish!
I really, really love that quilt! It's gorgeous, congrats on the finish.
14 Jun 2010 - Happy Birthday, Marsha. Hope it is a wonderful day.
Post a Comment