Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Block #8

Finally! I just heard that the average person watches 4.5 hours of television each day. Oh my..I've never been much of a TV watcher, but once I resumed work on this block a few weeks ago, I think I used up mine and my husband's TV time. I'm sure this is a weekend stitch for a lot of you, but gosh, I felt like this took AGES to stitch. Could I really be THAT slow??

And I leave you with a few barns we found locally on a cruise to the base this past Saturday..I've seen these things that look like quilt squares on the sides of barns between here and Iowa several times.. Does anyone have a clue what they are for? I mean, if I owned a barn, I would want one on mine, but maybe it is something I am not aware of?



12 comments:

Berit said...

I watched (*ran*) about 5.5 hours of DVD tv shows yesterday ALONE. I was on a big push to get the ground on PS When Witches Go Riding done, but still.

I'll admit it's nice to hear that even an accomplished stitcher like yourself has things that wear out her patience and exceed her estimations. :D

The block looks GREAT! As for all those greased-lightnings out there, they CAN'T be sleeping. Or, maybe they're aliens!! :D

Laurie in Iowa said...

Congrats on finishing another block Marsha. It looks fabulous! Here in northeast Iowa there is a group of individuals who organized the quilt block signs on barns. Our quilt guild had a driving event this past summer. With maps in hand we drove around northeast Iowa trying to locate all of the barn quilt block signs. It was a lot of fun. Some barn owners have made their own quilt block signs without the help of the group.

Tanya said...

LOVE this block!!!

Tanya

Paulette said...

That block looks amazing!!!!

I'm organizing a group to mow quilt crop circles in their yards if you want to join. :)

LLLLLY!

Deb said...

Your block looks great! And no, you're not a slow stitcher. Those blocks look deceiving - there's a lot of stitching to them.

The only time I watch TV is when I stitch. And then only about an hour. Sometimes stitching seems to progress so slow.

Love the barn pictures.

Margaret said...

Congrats on the block finish! I tell you, those HRH blocks do take forever! Love those barns. Didn't some people actually hang quilts on their barns for some event? or did I just draw that out of thin air? lol!

mainely stitching said...

I thought those quilt-like symbols on barns were maybe the 'hex symbols' that inspired so many quilt (and cross stitch)designs. But I tend to make things up in my head a lot. LOL.

The Hawk Run series blocks have a tremendous amount of stitching in them!!!

Melody said...

Your block is great. I did the Hawk's Run Hollow Village also, and it takes time to finish!! I seem to enjoy those BAPs tho.

I have seen other pictures of the barns with quilt square painted on them. I know there are more in Iowa. What a neat idea!

Milly~ said...

Very pretty! As for those hours of TV, I get my best stitching done in those hours. So don't stop now!

Katrina said...

Love it! Congrats on finsihing another block. Every time I see yours I want to stitch VoHRH.

Kim said...

Awesome MM!!!! I'm gonna be drooling over this when it's done. Maybe it will spur me to finally start! Beautiful!

Siobhán said...

Great job, Marsha! Those HRH blocks are deceiving. They take me at least a week each. I love the pics of the barns, too!