Thursday, October 29, 2009

Village of Hawk Run Hollow

I started this project two years ago..I had planned on stitching one block per month. Hmm, just goes to show how easily distracted I can get. I'm only on this 8th block. I don't want to say I got burned out; I just lost interest, I guess. I am itching to start on Paradise Lost as well as Christmas at HRH, and I'm dying to have Shores, but I guess those designs are too big for my little needle right now. lol. Anyhow, I had to make myself take it out and work on it last week, but boy did my interest pick up immediately. I've worked on it a little every night and am once again enjoying it. I added a new camera to my collection, so forgive the date and the handle of the camera in the picture.


9 comments:

Berit said...

this looks so good-- I know what you mean about wanting shores. I think it's my favorite of the bunch.

Deb said...

This looks great. I did the same thing on Houses, Village and Shores. Worked a few blocks, stopped, started the next one, stopped and then got to Block 6 on Shores and hit a wall. Glad that you picked it up again and that you're enjoying it.

Siobhán said...

Yeay Marsha!! Go for it. You're in the home stretch. I did the same thing with all of my HRH projects... worked on them faithfully and then bundled them away. Once I brought them out again, though, my interest was renewed. I hope the same happens for you!

Stef said...

Marsha, your Villages looks fantastic! I'm cheering you on to the finish line - your almost there! I'm on block 6 right now and love stitching it.

Katrina said...

Gorgeous and it's so nice that you are enjoying it again :-).

Jan said...

Marsha, how beautiful this is looking and you have so much done!! I will be cheering for you to get it done soon!

Loved the comment about your needle being too small for those larger projects! :) I know that Villages is my favorite, so will enjoy seeing yours come together. Maybe one of these, I will start on mine! lol

Margaret said...

Great stuff! You're so far along on this one -- keep going! I'm glad you're enjoying it again. I love the new CaHRH, but I have to say I think I'm a bit burned out by HRH at the moment. I'm wondering about the next one though -- Autumn. Too soon for another one!!

Paulette said...

Who the heck is Jacob Gristmill?

I love love love love love it!!!!!!!! I can't believe you revealed my Christmas present so soon!!

LLLLLY!

Kim said...

Village looks great, MM! I still want to stitch Houses AND Village! When will we find the time! :o/