Saturday, October 31, 2009
Sew Red/Fall Gifts
I cannot believe I am putting this on my blog. It is my first attempt at "finishing" something like this.. Humor me, ok? Well, I know Paulette won't. You see how my first-born treats me in public. LOL! I am not pleased at all the way it turned out, but it's what I'm left with for now. I'm stubborn enough to undo it completely and redo it should the mood strike me. I don't live too close to a fabric store and had no time to hunt down braid and glass beads. Oh well..lesson learned. I am a very impatient person. I can sit and put thousands of stitches on a piece of fabric, and then I get all impatient when I'm doing something not so intricate.
I guess it's obvious that I love fall. For the past several years, a dear loved on has sent me a box of her favorite fall things. Look at this beautiful glass acorn. Also note the little pinecone to the left. I have a tree that hangs year round in my office, and there are so many little treasures on it that remind me of people I love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
You are the sweetest! I'm so glad you like everything! I have to go look at your stooooopid quilts and CCS pieces!!!!
LOL! To anyhone reading from this point on...that would be my sis..
Aren't sisters the greatest? lol! Marsha, I can't see the problem with your finishing on Sew Red. Looks pretty perfect to me! And I love all the various ornaments and all -- beautiful! It's so nice to have all those reminders of your friends and family.
Your finish of Sew Red looks fine to me and a very nice finish it is! Love those glass maple leaves,
Your finish is fabulous Marsha! You are way too hard on yourself, now I know where Paulette gets her self-criticism from! lol :-)
Love all your fall ornaments. TFS
I LOVE your finish, MM! Seriously...it looks great! And oh my gosh how much do I LOVE all things ACORNISH! Lots! You've got a great sis! {{hugs}}
Oh my! The acorn and pine cone took my breath away! How dainty and beautiful! What a great idea about the tree to show off special things year round!
And, Village is just beautiful! I need to start on this one! Maybe after the really cold weather has passed!
Now, I think your Pyn Keep is simply gorgeous! But, it is true that one is one's own harshest judge. Also, I find for my own work that it looks "better" in photographs than IRL. I wonder if that's an effect of representing 3D on a 2D plane, or simply a re-evaluation made when having the opportunity to view the work through a fresh pair of "eyes"(namely, the camera's.) I also love all your other Autumn goodies--thanks for sharing!
Your finish is wonderful - don't discount your work! Love, love your fall treasure tree! I don't put holiday things that I love away for only one season either. They're to be loved all the time; right?
What in the world are you talking about? It's gorgeous!!! I love it!!! (See? I can treat you nicely in public. I'll tell you what I really think about it in private.)
LLLLLY!
me
I love your fall tree! Is that a feather tree? The pinecone, leaf and especially the acorn ornaments are lovely! My favorite things! Your Sew Red is gorgeous! Can't wait to see your finish on this one. Happy you picked up VOHRH again!
I love the Sew Red piece that you finished off into a pinkeep. Do you think you could tell me where you got the pattern for it? I'd love to do this for my DIL. Thanks.
Okay, hello, I can't believe that I am THIS far behind on my blog reading that I hadn't seen this yet! Your Sew Red looks AMAZING, Marsha!! Really, you should be so proud of it. I can relate to the being willing to put in a thousand tiny stitches into a piece of linen but not having the patience to do the finishing. That is me, totally! LOL
Your autumn treasures are wonderful--what a neat idea for the tree. Very fun!
Post a Comment