Friday, October 9, 2009

On to Cashton, Wisconsin

What a quaint little place this turned out to be. I wish I could have gotten close-up pictures of the wonderful Amish people there, but I respectfully stayed my distance and only photographed one time and from the back..their countryside is breathtaking, even with all of the electrical wires.








Down a Country Road..that is actually the name of a little set of shops we visited in an Amish community. I found some Amish soaps, jams, and some delicous raspberry spread. The owner of the shop told us that she carries stuff for the Amish people who do not wish to have much contact with the "outside." At one little home bakery place we stopped at, we very sheepishly entered..there is no greeting or smile or any music playing..just the shuffling kitchen sounds. We got some breads, and I felt a little embarrassed when I left because I think the shy lady who wrote down our order must have thought me awful forward, paying for the stuff with a man in my presence and wearing pants to boot. She just nodded her head when I said thank you, but there was no smile..well, my husband does like my men's wear, and I'm sure he loves it when I don't reach for his wallet. LOL! Thanks for bearing with me in posting the pictures of our recent jaunt. I actually found some fantastic barns to photograph on our way home from running around this morning--I mean, what better barns are there than in the Heartland? I did not have the convenience of a camera in my purse like my daughter . I told my husband that a good blogger would have a camera in her purse, and he politely informed me then that a good blogger has a poor husband. LOL! But gosh, what good is this big camera I have when I need it NOW. If you are reading this, DH, it's the Nikon Cool Pix in the fushia..would go good with the nail polish I wear when I'm not gardening?

This is just another view of the little shops.



2 comments:

Sherry said...

I just love all the Amish photos! I wish I could have been there with you!

josieh said...

I live in Iowa, south of Iowa city and 15 minutes from an Amish town. They are such nice people and the children are just delightful. Come and visit us sometime. Mary