Sunday, October 25, 2009

Catching up..

I guess it's time to update my blog. The last couple of weeks have been quite sad. As many of you know, we had to say our goodbyes to Mike's dad, who passed away suddenly. Mike and Paulette have been through so much lately, and I hope and pray things will begin to settle down soon. There does not seem to be any "right" words to say; you just have to love the people through the bad times as best you can. Anyhow, I would like to catch you up on a little of what I have been doing, outside of worrying about my family. I've not been lazy..honest!

I just finished my very first audio book. Paulette gave it to me for my birthday back in the summer. I'm embarrassed that it took so long, but it is hard for me to get in any stitching time during the daytime. My favorite time to stitch is later in the evening..put on a good old movie that I've seen way too many times, listen, and stitch. I cannot say I have to listen to another book, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I think I might enjoy reading the hard copy now

While I was listening to the book, I worked up the little red sampler I showed you last week. What a fun stitch this was, and I love, love, love the Belle Soie silks. My original thought was to make it into an ornament, but it turned out larger than I expected, so I'm going to make it into a little hanging piece to put on the quilt rack in my green room. The little piece of fabric at the bottom is what I have chosen for the backing.

Here is the "Sew Red" Sampler.

Do you remember this? I spent every spare minute of natural light over the past week putting the binding on it. Since it is mostly black, I could not work on it at night. It's quite large, but I just tossed it on the table to take a picture of it.


Lastly, I finished with Paulette's Christmas piece. I'm sorry I cannot show it to you yet. :)

8 comments:

Margaret said...

I love your various projects -- all so pretty! The fabric for your Sew Red piece is perfect! I know you will be there for Paulette and Mike and the girls. I wish I could do something for them during these rough times they're going through. Hugs to all.

Berit said...

OMG!! I am COMPLETELY head over heels for that backing fabby you are putting on sew red. Any chance you'd tell me where it came from? :D

Kim said...

OMGosh I LOVE that key in your Sew Red Sampler! And the coffee quilt...LOVE! Can't wait to see what you stitched for P! {{{hugs}}}

Katrina said...

Love all your projects! The quilt and Sew Red are so cute and congrats on finishing Paulette's Christmas present.

I love to do the same thing, put in a movie I know by heart but I love and stitch.

Hugs to your family!

sitandsew said...

Hello, I just discover your blog and i love your work. Autumn hugs from France. Natacha

Jan said...

It is so sad to say goodbye to a loved one! Know you will be there for Paulette, Mike and the girls, and I know how much they must appreciate you!

I love that quilt, oh my! And congrats on finishing that audio book, mine is still not finished, but I am savoring it!

Sew Red is a spectacularly pretty finish and I adore the backing fabric!

Can't wait to see Paulette's christmas stitching!

Paulette said...

I can't stand it I can't stand it I can't stand it I want my Christmas present NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Btw, hopefully you'll need a bigger box than that. LOL

LLLLLY!

Siobhán said...

Oh Marsha!! I just love the quilt, it is gorgeous. Your Sew Red is fabulous, too!!

I can't wait to see Paulette's Christmas gift. I love that you two exchange hand stitched gifts. :)

Hugs to all of you. I know it's hard to see your loved ones hurting.