Sunday, September 13, 2009
Easing out of summer...
I hate to rush a season, but when it gets to this time of year, I start daydreaming about fall. I can almost smell the cooler nights approaching. There's nothing like a chilly night to curl up with a good movie (Preferably Pride & Prejudice or Sense & Sensability) and some stitching. I thought I would share what I've been working on throughout the past couple of months--it's not much, but I've been quilting and also working on Paulette's Christmas stitching, which I cannot share on here for obvious reasons. I normally shy away from seasonal pieces, but once in a while one will grab me..such is the case of Paulette's latest designs. This one is her Halloween Hornbook Sampler..I haven't gotten very far on it. I love the fall colors on this silvery purple fabric.
Then, as if I didn't have enough stuff going, I see Garden of Erie. For myself, these are the two best seasonal pieces I've ever worked on. This one would make a great wedding sampler for anyone getting married in October. :-)
I have gotten quite spoiled having a pair of scissors and a needle minder for each project I do..check out these Hillier scissors that Paula designed. I would not want to have to choose a favorite, but these are right up there with the owl scissors!
Ok, now this is really bad when you feel like you have to have a needle minder that coordinates with what you're stitching. LoL! I use this one for the Halloween Hornbook Sampler.....
And if you know me, you know Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year..check out this needleminder, also Paula's. Is that not a scream? Love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
WOW, GREAT photos!!! Oh gosh, we loved looking at the safari pics!!! That ostrich was TOO CUTE!!!
I LOVE my needleminders and scissors.. I have to say, I'm using the Hilliers with my Dutch Beauty, and I love them. Paula makes fabulous scissors.
Paulette
Love the blog post mom! I love that you posted photos of "home" with that backyard. Makes me miss you even more than I already do. There really is no place like...moms! LLY!
Oh, look at those scrumptious colors! I just love Paulette's Garden of Eerie! I can't wait to see the Christmas design you are stitching up!
I love Paulette's new designs sooo much! I may have to get them all! I love all your coordinating accessories -- a must IMO! :D Looks like you had fun on your trip. But I agree, there's no place like home. Glad you're back and enjoying the fall feeling!
Oh my I just adore Paulette's Halloween Hornbook...envious here, I don't have a copy to start...patience is a virtue they say!
Love the photos, and I too am in love with Paula's fantastic scissors and other very important stitching gadgets!
Nice roadtrip, and I too love old buildings, especially barns and country churches!
I have a bit of a thing for ostriches, and that picture of yours is just fabulous!
I'm also infatuated with Paulette's newest designs. Your idea of using it for an October wedding totally cracks me up!
I am way behind on my blogging! I loved the pics, especially the pics of the barns and your WIPs!! Those needleminders are so wonderful. Paula is too clever!
Wonderful wonderful pics, MM!!!! You crack me up...changing out your needleminders!!! LOLOL That Halloween one really IS a scream!!! Too cute!!
Post a Comment