Friday, June 5, 2009

Red Toile

TGIF! I have had a very productive week. When my youngest daughter was here this past weekend, we went to Quilted Moose..thanks to my oldest daughter, I am addicted to toile, especially the reds. I just painted my "green" room--yes, Kim, it stayed green--and decided I would use the red toile for my valance. This isn't the best picture, because the sun was on that side of the house, but it has the dark cream background.
I just had to show you my little bird family. Audrey bugged me for 2 days to go to this site, and I kept putting it off. I am bogged down with internet places, as I'm sure most of you are. Anyhow, to appease her I told her to pull it up and I'd take a look. I was in trouble the minute I saw the first item. lol. As an early birthday gift, she let me choose what I wanted, and I chose these. There is another big bird that came with this set. I already have another few sets picked out for various places...thanks a lot, Audrey! I can't wait to get the tree for the other wall.

What a sweet DH I have. I found a shelf/quilt rack in a magazine and told him I wanted him to make it for me..it's not finished, but I love it! I'm going to age it a little more with some Minwax, and I need to find some neat hooks or knobs so that I can hang my Quaker stockings. I also need Paulette to come over here and tell me how to decorate it! But if you look close, you can see my other fat bird.




12 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the RED toile! And the funky birds! And the quilt rack...you HAVE been busy!!! :o)

Sherry said...

I love those little birds! You have to post the link! That quilt rack is awesome! Tell your dh he can make me one too! LOL.

Katrina said...

Love the toile and the birds are so neat. What a great DH, your shelf is wonderful :-).

Margaret said...

Oh wow! Just gorgeous! I can tell your house must be beautiful. I agree with Sherry -- you need to post the link to those great birds. :D Those valances are perfect -- sigh.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

What a nice shelf. I like your redo.

Jan said...

I love that red toile and it looks marvelous in your room, to showcase those windows! Love the shelf too, that is really unusual, can't wait to see what you and Paulette come up with to finalize!

Siobhán said...

Wow, you are such a multi-talented family. Paulette with her designing, you & Brea with the quilting--and now the valance--and your husband with the wood working. Too cool! I love those birds; please do post the link!

Anonymous said...

Those birds make your room look cheep. Get it? Cheep? As in, the birds say "cheep, cheep"? ROTFLOL, I crack myself up! I WANT THOSE BIRDS IN MY HOUSE!!!!!

Btw, the new green in the Green Room is LOVELY, as is the quilt shelf Dad made!

Paulette (P.S. I didn't know I was signed in under Sophie's screen name.)

Deb said...

I do love the red toile. Red Toile has to be one of the nicest fabrics. I'm in the process of redoing my sewing room and I love the green that you chose. Can I ask what the color is? I also love the birds that you painted on your walls. You've got a great room.

Sharon said...

I just love the red toile, so very pretty. I hope you will post a link to those birds, they are just so cute, I would love a few around my house. The green is lovely too.

Michelle said...

Oh it's so beautiful! Of course, I am enamored with red toile. And the birds are soooo cute! Love the whole thing, and to have your stockings hung would be a great way to top it all off!

Stef said...

Your husband is really talented if you just showed him a picture and he made it for you - I love your quilt shelf/rack! And the bird decals are so sweet on your wall - what a great idea!!!