Saturday, May 2, 2009
Lincoln Bistro
So named because it's going to Lincoln for Breanna to curl up under when she's studying. And I know she WILL be studying! :-) I had so much fun putting this together. I love the Yellow Brick Road pattern because no matter how many times you use it, each quilt is always different. Confession time..I somehow either cut too much or too wrong, probably wrong. I ended up with pieces that somehow didn't get worked in. But that was to my advantage because I have yet another lap quilt from these fabrics for myself.
Moving right along, on Thursday, it was a glum day--wet, dreary--perfect! Breanna, Paulette, and I went Panera for our Sierra Turkey sandwich, broccoli-cheddar soup, and French bagette. Then on to Quilted Moose..Breanna was in heaven! She wanted every piece of fabric she saw. She picked out the backing fabric for her quilt. I cannot wait to get it finished. I am hoping to start on it this weekend.
In the evenings, I have been working on Paulette's Rubie Owl's Sampler and am enjoying every leaf! I was feeling so good about how many I had done at one point (18), when Paulette informed me there were 51! (thud) Here's my progress. I hope everyone has a wonderfully productive weekend. I'll be outside digging in the dirt until I cannot stand it any longer and then stitching and quilting in the evenings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I can't wait to see the finished quilt. Your Rubies owl is looking great. I think I need that pattern for myself.
Love the quilt -- how special that Breanna will be able to take a quilt made by her grandmother to college to keep her warm! Rubie Owl -- 51 leaves?! Agh! That's a discouragement to doing this one! lol!
Lovely fabrics and sounds like you had a fun outing. I think your leaves are coming along great! Good grief, I kitted this yesterday, had no idea there was so many leaves!! ha!
I drool over anything made out of that Bistro line every flippin' time! I love it! And I love that Yellow Brick Road pattern...especially when you have a great group of fabrics that you love! It looks fantastic MM!! And your leaves look great! ;o)
Wow, look at all those leaves! As Paula (Kelmscott Designs) says, "Better get back to raking!" :)
LLLLLY!
Oh I love that Rubes Owl! I might have to stitch that myself! LOL!
Meeemzers!!! I have a HUGE problem!!! I did some knitting last night and did a whole row of the cast-on...but I don't know how to start a new row... HELP!!!!
Oh I love the quilt! I really need to get to the fabric store for some more so I can start! Have you ever heard of Mary Jo's fabric store? Biggest fabric store in America.
Rubie Owl's looks great! I love the colors of this piece! I started on Bird in the Bower for some reason! But I love both and planned to do both so no problem! Maybe I should start both! LOL.
Oh wow the quilt is gorgeous, love the colors and your Ruby is coming along beautifully.
Wow, that is going to be a beautiful quilt! I'm sure Brea will love to have it at college. You are such a wonderful grandma to make it for her! Rubie is looking great too! This is definitely going to be one of my next starts! :)
Quilt is awesome. I love your needlepoint.
Joyce
Post a Comment