Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Future Quilter

We've created a monster--and what a pretty monster she is--Breanna has been learning to piece and was antsy to start another project. Since it was a spur-of-the-moment project, we didn't have a lot of charm packs to choose from, so she is working on holiday fabrics. I was quite impressed at how well she picked up every step from cutting...

to pressing...to chain sewing...to coordinating the squares...to modeling...She even wanted to try the quilting part..just look at how serious she looks...And then the satisfaction on her face was priceless. It's like I HAVE ARRIVED!Great job, Bre..you make Meems proud...can't wait to see the finished piece. Quilted Moose on Saturday?

14 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh how great that you have another quilter in the family! What fun for you! I'm envious. :D

Laurie in Iowa said...

Wow... how wonderful to have Brea as a quilting companion. Now you just have to work on Paulette. LOL

Paulette said...

She always looks happiest when she's being creative! A girl after our own hearts. :)

Thanks for letting her come over and play! Do you think you could set aside time to have Mike over once in a while? I need a babysitter. LOL

Paulette

Katrina said...

It's so nice to see Brea enjoying quilting so much! I am looking forward to seeing her finished computer bag and the piece she is working on now. What a good influence you are ;-).

Anonymous said...

ugh!! i cant believe that YOU let BREANNA work on your BERNINA!!!!!!! That is blasphemous!! LOL! I love those fabrics! she was already calling talking to me about neat fabric places here! TEE HEE!! I cant wait to start sewinggggggggg! LLLY~!

Sherry said...

Wonderful!! I tried to get my neice interested but no luck and my boys certainly don't care about learning to quilt! She is doing wonderful!

Nicole said...

Oh wow, that is so sweet. You and Paulette must be so proud that you have handed down your love on needlework to her. It's a gift I'm sure she will cherish always.

Anonymous said...

She can't be old enough to be quilting! How fast time flies! It's exciting that one of Paulette's own has picked up the quilting bug. :-)

Siobhán said...

Awww, too fun! How cool that you have Brea hooked! :)

Bre said...

Love you Meemzers!!

Michelle said...

How fun that you can teach her! I wish I could come over and sew with you two!

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Awe, how wonderful. I wish I had a young one around to teach how to sew. My little granddaughter is still to young. Have a great weekend.

Jan said...

What wonderful pics, of a very fun-loving creative gal in the works!!:)

Kim said...

YAY!!!! I LOVE seeing a new quilter!! wooohoooooooo!!!!!!