Monday, May 11, 2009

Beautiful Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend..I know I sure did. I don't think the weather could have been any prettier had I been able to custom make it myself. We spent the entire Mother's Day weekend at the garden centers and outside, which is my favorite way to spend it. My sweet husband never complains..just lets me browse to my heart's content, watching me, waiting for me to say I like something so he can put it on the wagon. I was going to rebel this year and NOT allow him to take me there and spend way too much money, but I just didn't have the heart to hurt his feelings. lol! My Bridal Wreath Spirea is at its peak today, and I just had to share it's beauty. We planted this just a couple of years ago when it was quite small.



And I needed something colorful for my front door, so I made a wreath out of silk flowers.
And this is my fountain turned planter--in a few weeks it will be full to overflowing..

9 comments:

Kim said...

Lovely flowers, MM!!!!! Can't wait to see them in their full glory as the season progresses! :o)

~Judy~ said...

Such beautiful flowers! I want to see them when they're overflowing.

Margaret said...

Now I know what that pretty flowering bush outside my back door is! lol! Thanks! Love all your flowers. That bird bath is so pretty with the flowers.

Anonymous said...

ohhh! I LOVE the idea of planting in a birdfeeder! What a neat idea! I also love that wreath you made! I cant wait to see you in 17 days!! LLY~!

Jan said...

Gorgeous flowers!!! Oh my!

Sherry said...

Just beautiful! I love the spirea! I spent my Mother's Day the very same way admiring all my plants and enjoying the birds! I hardly went inside until I absolutely had to!

Paulette said...

Wow, it all looks so gorgeous, but in person it's to die for! I love your wreath, too!

LLLLY!

Sherry said...

I bought my blueberries at Waysidegardens.com and they are self pollinating. I could never get the others that needs 2 or 3 for pollination to grow. I bought these on sale for buy 1 get 2 free.

I like Waysidegardens.com and ForestFarm.com for a variety of plants.

Siobhán said...

Oh wow, what beautiful flowers--real and silk! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day. :)