Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day

Happy New Year! First of all, I would like to wish you the most blessed new year.

Do you have any resolutions? Me either..it's useless for me..I get side tracked too easy, too often. I didn't accomplish any of my resolutions for last year, but it still is kinda nice to feel like I have a fresh start, a clean slate. I'm not really the type to "reflect" on the past, so I brain storm about doing more, and there's something about the new year that makes me think I'll suddenly have more time. I just keep adding more "want-to-do's" to my already bulging brain files. I think I'll dump the "should-have-done" file and use that space. :-)

I am an avid reader, but I can't say I will commit to reading more books this year. I'm sure I read more than 40 in 2008. I can't help myself..I wish I owned a book store! Favorite series: Twilight. I've read all 4 books twice and the first one 3 times. And as soon as they say "Available Tuesday," I'm there for the movie.

I am totally in awe right on about my new dream machine. If I could accomplish one thing this year, it would be to quilt my own quilts...not the bed-sized ones. I mean..I don't HAVE any bed-sized ones yet, and some things are just worth the expense to have someone else do it for you..but I love the lap quilts and table things and placemats, etc, and I want to be able to do those myself. That said, I have several lap quilt tops that need to be done. I've been practicing, and while I'm not ready to attempt my own, I'm getting better already--my sweet husband put 10 yards of muslin for practice in my gift bag this year. Awwww..

As for stitching, well, I think I won't get too much done..I'm still wanting Long Dog Samplers' "The Token." Maybe I'll start that one soon..and I would like to do a couple of my Paulette's designs. She's one of my favorite designers, but I've not stitched one of her designs yet. Well, I started one but miscounted the border and had to give up on it. Some of her things are not for the faint of heart.

So other than paint my entire house in the spring, redecorate a couple of rooms, work in my gardens, and work, I guess I'll do all of the other stuff mentioned about, too.

The Lord has been very good to my family in every way this year..I pray you will have a blessed year to come...thanks for letting me yammer.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Didn't you stitch Gobble? :-)

Littlebit said...

Oh yeah--you're right, I did! That makes me feel better now! LoL! I just looked through the designs of hers that I have..I love her SS series so much..wish I had them all stitched. LY

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog and the nice comment. I am like you with resolutions, so I don't make them. Love your quilts too.