I had to take an involuntary break from sewing, so I thought I would work on Alphabets (Merrily A. Beams). I haven't stitched much for a couple of months and it felt so nice starting something new. I am noticing more and more how many things are being stitched in red. My first piece I tackled was Paradigm Lost (Long Dog). I didn't get too much done on that and had to toss it. The "premium" silk I was using was fuzzy as could be. Since then I've done Paulette's little sampler, and now this one in red. I still want The Token..in red. And shoot..I meant to sneak Paulette's Moulin Rouge out of the house while she was away--it's stupid stunning in red. :-)
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Alphabets
I had to take an involuntary break from sewing, so I thought I would work on Alphabets (Merrily A. Beams). I haven't stitched much for a couple of months and it felt so nice starting something new. I am noticing more and more how many things are being stitched in red. My first piece I tackled was Paradigm Lost (Long Dog). I didn't get too much done on that and had to toss it. The "premium" silk I was using was fuzzy as could be. Since then I've done Paulette's little sampler, and now this one in red. I still want The Token..in red. And shoot..I meant to sneak Paulette's Moulin Rouge out of the house while she was away--it's stupid stunning in red. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're off to a great start, Marsha! I love red samplers, too. There's something so crisp and proper about them. I covet Paulette's MR, too! ;)
Great new start! I am such a fan of the red sampler. I have been itching to do Moulin Rouge in red for ages...maybe this year!
You're off to a great start! I love the red samplers too and am always looking to add to my ever growing collection.
Looking forward to seeing more progress snaps.
Post a Comment