And lastly, I had some really ugly pears I didn't know what to do with..Paulette gave me the idea to paint them silver. I always say paint covers a multitude of sins. :-)
Monday, December 15, 2008
Little spot of Christmas
I truly love, love, love the holidays..it always makes me want to make things. Years ago I found a picture in a magazine of the little wreaths that you hang on the backs of chairs. I decided this is the year I must have them..Thanks to a great "find," I was able to do 4 for the chairs and a larger one for my kitchen window for around $4.
I bought this candle holder before Thanksgiving. It's much larger than it looks in the photo. The pillar candle looked a little lost, and I wanted something festive, so my husband helped me line it with assorted candies and gum balls. I love the way it turned out. And I love making bows.
Then there's the little wreath I made last year. Paulette made the little santa years ago. I just love him because he's "old" looking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awesome ideas!!!! I want to do the wreath thingy AND the gumball thingy and ALL of it!!! Ugh. I love you!
Paulette
I'm afraid my toddler would rip off any greenery on a chair BUT my 9yr old would love that gumball idea so I'll surely do that :)
Tanya
MM, love those wreaths!!! Too flippin cute! I may have to copy that one!
Hey Tanya,
Marshas daughter here in Texas, you dont have to worry about YOUR toddler doing those things...little does my precious crafty mother know....she has a 2 year old on the way to her house next weekend to give her a horrifically RUDE AWAKENING! mwawaaammmhhhhaaaaaaaahhaaaa!! LLLY MOM!!! Cant wait to see the gorgeousness!!
Post a Comment