I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving and ate way too much, like we did. We usually have a table full of loved ones, and while my son and youngest daughter were not able to be here, Paulette and her family and Mike's parents were here. What a fun time we had. Mike's mom is from Germany, and I absolutely love, love, love hearing her talk about her family and when she was growing up..she had all of us girls laughing our heads off on full stomachs.
Each year we like to try a new dish..usually it's a dessert, but this year it was something healthy..it's called "Pretty Grapes." As for how healthy they are, well, they were so rich I coundn't hardly swallow them! They were pretty, though.
Here is Mike's beautiful mom, Frieda, with my first granddaughter, Breanna..

And here's Mike's dad, Jimmy, with my Breanna and my second granddaughter, Sabrina. Oops..Sophie is missing..
That sweet child was monitoring the punch bowl..poor little thing..that glass ladle she is holding is very heavy, so it was a challenge for her to get the punch into the little cups, but she served everyone..thank you Sophie!
No comments:
Post a Comment