Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tis Spring!

I have either forgotten how to blog, or you have forgotten about me. :) Things just got busy in the way, and that includes Instagram. Not quite as personal as a blog, but wonderful for a quick peek into everyday lives.

Anyhow, I'm here to catch up whomever is interested in what I have been doing when not working. I will have to go back a bit...

After the smalls and quilt blocks I posted earlier in the year: My January start was Yuletide Welcome, by Plumstreet Samplers. I cannot remember when I have enjoyed such a big project, and for once, I stuck right with it until the very end. Here are a few pictures from when I was busy on it:



 
And the finish--sorry, I could not get it all in the lens
 
 
Then I did a little ornament. This is the first Prairie Schooler I have ever done.
 
 
I just started on October Word Play this weekend and am really enjoying it.
 
 
I'm playing around with a quilt with French General, Pom Pom de Paris
 
 
 
Finally, finally, spring has sprung in the heartland. It has been a very long winter, and we had snow earlier in the month as well as a frost warning a couple of weeks ago--right after I did my planting--anyhow, other than fall and the snow falling, this is the prettiest time of the year to me. Just a little of what is going on in my heartland...








 
And that about does it! Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are having the lovliest of springs.

23 comments:

Giovanna said...

Congrats, what a lovely finish! And cute ornament too. Thanks for sharing the pretty flower pictures - spring is being very jumpy here, which is rather unusual.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Oh My GOODNESS!!!I'm in LOVE with Yuletide Welcome. Can't wait for Paulette to release it!!!! The fabric for your quilt is so beautiful. Can only imagine what a fantastic quilt it will make. Your yard looks so lovely. Hoping the warm weather decides to stay. So happy to have you back. Your blog is such an inspiration.

Paulette said...

Finally!!!! Everything looks amazing, which is why the girls would always rather be in your back yard than ours. Lol Great job on AYW!!!

LLLLLY!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

AYW is so pretty! I can't wait for it to be released to the rest of us! Sweet PS finish and good start on wordplay. You've been busy! Love your new fabrics, too!
Love the garden pics - the robin's nest is especially sweet! Like you, I love this time of year and this year has been especially pretty - I guess because we never thought it would arrive! Long, dreary winters make Spring especially sweet!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Yuletide Welcome is beautiful! Anxiously awaiting it's release.

French General fabric is hard to beat

Would love to take a walk in your garden--everything is always so pretty

Grit's Life said...

Your stitching is so fantastic.
Beautiful pictures from garden.

Greetings from Germany, Grit

Catherine said...

Gorgeous stitches and pretty spring pictures!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your Yuletide Welcome looks fabulous. I can see why you stuck with it until completion.
Your garden looks wonderful! Can't wait to see what you create with the luscious stack of French General fabrics.

Margaret said...

I love your Yuletide Welcome! Can't wait till it's available for purchase (the chart that is!). Love your PS ornie too. Nice start on the Word Play. And those FG fabrics -- yum!! Glad spring has sprung too. It's chilly here, but by next weekend, it's supposed to be HOT. Bleagh.

Vickie said...

A beautiful, beautiful update!

Cari said...

Beautiful stitching finishes and starts !! Thanks for sharing your beautiful spring plantings. The pictures made me so happy this morning !! Have a wonderful day!

Katrina said...

Oh it's so gorgeous!!!!! I love it!!!!!! Fun spring garden pictures too :-).

pj said...

Love this finish and can't wait to get this chart from Paulette! Gorgeous! Have missed you blogging but we all know that everyone gets busy. Nice to hear from you and catch up. Your quilt fabbies look great too....

pam in iowa

Melissa said...

I love Yuletide Welcome and can't wait for Paulette to release it. It's nice to see your progress with it and the other stitching too!

Wonderful photos of your garden!

Teresa S. said...

Wonderful post!
Good to see what you have been up to :)

Faye said...

All if the photos are just beautiful!!!!! And, then Yuletide Sampler is what I am waiting to be released!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous......

Chris said...

Lovely catch up post.
You have been doing some beautiful stitching!

Melody said...

Yuletide Welcome is so beautiful! I just love it.

So glad Spring is here. What beautiful flower pictures!

Brigitte said...

Such a pretty finish. Another great design by PSS.
Your garden looks fabulous, all these beautiful flowers. Here a lot of flowers are just waiting for some warmth and sun so that they can start blooming.

MartyG said...

Well this blog post was certainly worth the wait. Love Yuletide. It just got added to my list. Your flowers are lovely.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Your beautiful finish of A Yuletide Welcome makes me all the more anxious for the release! Look forward to seeing your project for the pretty fabric. And your flower show is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Don't stay away so long next time.

Lynn said...

So now I know what my next purchase will be, lol! I cannot wait for Yuletide Welcome to be released. It's absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Your quilt is going to be lovely with those pretty fabrics. Several of my craft group are trying to convince me to join them in quilting. I'm just not very good with sewing.

Love your garden pics. Spring has been a long time coming this year!

Unknown said...

fantastic your work !
Pat