This would be Sarah Spurr, Carriage House Samplings. Is she not beautiful? If you know me, you know I love RED, so I squealed over this one. I love it that she put her own name on it (it is not a repro) and the year of our exchange. Paulette, thank you from the bottom of my heart!! I will treasure this always, always! ILYSM!
For her, I chose a design by Ellen Chester, a repro sampler, Hannah Cummins. Here is the photo I snagged from PSS' blog, beacause I had no time to take pictures yesterday. Jill did an amazing job framing these. I don't know that this is clickable, but there are such wonderful little details in here. I am amazed that a 9-year-old probably stitched this faster than I did. I love what we today call "mistakes." I think we call them mistakes because a child did it or that it might not be "perfect" by today's standards, but it most certainly adds to the charm. The main reason I chose this was because the verse is so..so..well, Paulette.
Here is another little sampler that I did back in the late summer. It is a Primitive Betty design, and I just love the way it turned out..I changed the name to reflect my own (maiden). And, of course, Jill framed this one as well.
A couple of small things I finished..I made this little stocking from some Moda fabrics I had and put a little Kelmscott button on it. That white spot that you might see there is from the light, not from anything on the fabric.
A wee Kelmscott sampler. This is really tiny, and I love the way it turned out.
My December Word Play, finally hanging..just need my rusty pin, but there isn't enough time left to rust one up. lol. This was such a fun stitch.
My bowl of smalls. I did not intentionally put it together because it was red..it just turns out that way. :) The little Christmas saying pieces are what Paulette stitched for me last year as a little surprise..and was I. You cannot see the third one, but it is there. Love them.
And I leave you with just a few things about the house that I have already posted on Instagram...
If you are still with me, I so thank you for stopping by and visiting and sharing your day. I thank you for all of your sweet comments left on my last post. God Bless.

26 comments:
I love you!!!
Paulette
Love the samplers and e relationship that you two have. As I said on Paulette's site, I am just so jealous that I don't have anyone o do this with. I get a lot of joy following your exchanges every year.
Debra in NC
I loved reading both your post and Paulette's post about your exchange. The best part of it is the obvious love and affection you have for each other. Priceless!
Pretty pictures!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the moldings that were chosen ... Take care, Faye
What beautiful samplers! And such a wonderful tradition to cherish. Love all of your little stitched goodies...
happy stitching...
I so love seeing your exchanges each year. You two are just so lucky to have each other. Love what Jill did with all the pieces, and I love what you stitched for each other!!! That verse -- beautiful! Love your house decorating as well!
You both stitched beautiful samplers for one another and I love the mouldings you chose for your samplers. Your home looks so beautiful with all the holiday decorations.
Both samplers are beautiful! The moldings are perfect.
I look forward to being in on the exachange each year, too!! Such beautiful samplers and the framing is gorgeous. Your house looks beautiful especially since it's filled with your lovely stitching.
Linda
I love seeing your December samplers each year. They are both beautiful and I could feel the fun you both had as I read this post. I loved being able to peek in your December home too. I just posted about my dough bowl today. I love using pillows and pinkeeps to celebrate the season.
Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi
Wow! This years exchange is wonderful! I look forward to the reveal each year. What a great tradition.
Your other finishes and holiday are wonderful too.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
You are very talented ladies, your exchange is always a feast for the eyes. The other finishes are beautiful too, well done.
I second what Debra said! I have to admit, though, that I so looking forward to your exchange as well, because I love what both of you stitch but also because yours & Paulette's excitement over the exchange is palpable and contagious. :) Everything is so beautiful, from the samplers to the IG photos and everything in between.
Did Paulette tell you I have a project wallet called Paulette and Marsha's exchanges ;-). Right now Dames Boarding School and Sarah Spurr are both kitted and hanging out in the bag, LOL. It's such a sweet tradition and I look forward to it every year!!!!!! As always, wonderful samplers.
Wow! What fabulous gifts. The frame you chose is absolutely, positively, STUNNING!
Your home is lovely.
I love reading about your exchanges every year! The samplers are always gorgeous and this year is no exception! Lovely, Lovely! How wonderful to have not only a beautiful sampler to hang in your home, but the wonderful relationship you two have that creates such lasting memories! Thank you for sharing!
oooooh is that your tree skirt with the colored jingle bells ???? LOVE it!!
ALL gorgeous - my Mom and I decided to copycat you both and do a sampler exchange next year - woot woot!
Tanya
Love love love the sampler you stitched for Paulette. It is stunning. And what fun you two have together. I love that you do this exchange every year. It's so much fun to see what you will stitch for each other!
Love, love, love it all!! You and Paulette's gifts to each other just blew me away!
Thanks for allowing us to participate in your Winter Exchange!
Your home looks so bright and lovely. Nothing like red, is there?
Swooning.....drooling.....
OMGosh, everything looks wonderful! Love the sampler exchange! Both are lovely and the one Paulette stitched for you just pops with all that red, black and white. Your stitched smalls are lovely as well...my fave is the December Word Play. Love it!
Gorgeous samplers!!! Many times I've wished that I had someone special with whom I could share my love of stitching. You are both so very fortunate to have this wonderful tradition.
Your home looks so lovely with all the fabulous holiday decor! I love your tree skirt!!
Your samplers are just so gorgeous! What a wonderful tradition to have together!
What a beautiful exchange. Love both pieces. Your exchanges are something I look forward to each year.
It’s always a pleasure reading your updates. Looking forward to the next one!
Post a Comment