My husband asked me recently when I was going to update my blog..I wondered what on earth I could share, when what did arrive? Kelmscott goodies. :) Oh my..if you love buttons, these are for you. They are the most beautiful colors and shapes and ever so delicate. And just in time to finish off a couple of "smalls" I worked up earlier in the fall..or was it late summer..whatever, they will be perfect.
And you know if I am even mentioning the name of Kelmscott there will be scissors, needle minders, and thread keeps.
On to some hand-made things, I have been doing a bit of knitting..and you know how I love R...E...D. I have done 3 pairs of wrist warmers, but I don't have any pictures. I did another red scarf with a beautiful pattern, but since I am self-taught, I didn't know to run from certain patterns like the plague, and the entire thing was horribly curled, so on to the next.
As for stitching, I am currently working on December Word Play and should be finishing it up by the weekend, so hopefully I will not wait for months to blog again. I have recently had a job change so have not really felt like being on the computer for fun, but now that things are settling down to a quiet roar, I hope to visit my favs, some of which are on InstaGram. As always, thank you so very much for stopping by and sharing your time with me. I hope if you were affected by the recent storms that you are well and safe..and warm! God Bless.
15 comments:
FINALLY!! I love your new scarf! And your Word Play is turning out beautifully!! LLLLLY!
I love all those scissors and buttons!! But I really love that Owl needleminder! lol I may have to head out to order me one!! My mom knitted me a Red scarf last year! Was never cold enough to wear it last winter here in Bama! Maybe this winter! Yours is starting out great! happy Knitting!
The buttons are gorgeous. Love those scissors too. One simply can't have enough scissors - ever.
Like your red scarf.
Lovely new stash and tools.
I can't wait to see this years sampler and your other current stitching.
I've missed your posts! Love seeing your new goodies. I hope the new job isn't taking too much out of you.
The curling scarf - it's probably the pattern. Also try giving it a good soaking. Lay it out on a towel to dry. You could even block it into shape with pins. That may help the yarn relax. Your red scarf looks wonderful!
Such pretty,pretty stash!
I love seeing all the Kelmscott stash! Love your knitting too. I'm self taught as well with knitting. Hope you like your new job -- glad things are settling down for you with it.
Love that new scarf! I'm a sucker for anything red. I can't wait to see your Word Play. After seeing Carol's basket full of Word Play designs, I've fallen in love and need to do some, too. Kelmscott goodies--oh my gosh--like drugs for stitchers, right?? Paula is so creative!
OOh! I love those buttons, especially the oval purple type. :D
Nice to hear that you are well, and congrats on the new job (even if all the change meant was challenging your "guts and gumption". I'm trying to say that I admire you for "hanging in there" with change and being at a new place. That can be really tough.)
I'm inordinately excited to hear that you and Paulette will be making your Christmas exchange this year! I recall reading earlier this year that she was having pains/an injury that kept her from being able to stitch much (or required standing). My first thought was, "Oh no, I hope she can heal quickly!". My second was, "Oh no, will this de-rail their Christmas Exchange!?" Yup.
I just love Christmas Traditions, think that it is such a neat and unique one which you two keep, and so wonderful of you two to let us see a peek of the spoils!
Knitting: I can crochet, but I can *barely* knit. But, in the winter I really want to! This year, I want to make socks (LIke the woolly house-sock type). I need to get going on that.
We were hit by Sandy, but not as badly as some. No flooding, limited power loss, no loss from the very snowy follow-up Nor'easter, either! Yay! The road closures and gas shortage as well as the mass transit unavailability have been truly troubling, though.
Gorgeous scarf and lots of fun buttons, scissor and needle keeps :-).
Love red, so love the scarf!! Lucky girl with all the Kelmscott goodies! Just saw those buttons this week at my LNS ~ they are beautiful! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Ok that's it...I must have those pumpkin scissors!
Nice start on the scarf. I'm afraid what little talent I have stops with cross stitching. I can't knit or crochet to save my life!
Nice buttons...
:o)
I've missed your posts and am really looking forward to seeing pictures from your upcoming sampler exchange!! Wonderful goodies and your scarf is wonderful! I hope to finish my December word play this weekend as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing yours!!
Linda
I love to see your sharings since our tastes are very similar! I have a couple and and am eyeing a couple more! Self-taught knitter here, too, but stick to the VERY basic. Can't wait to see the Winter Exchange pieces.
Welcome back! I find I'm not commenting as much as I used too because I'm spending far too much time on the computer. I am reading the blogs though.
Love all those scissors and the buttons are so colourful!
The red scarf is wonderful. You are so brave to try knitting. I gave it a go once but my tension is much too tight.
Post a Comment