I have actually been getting some evening stitching time in this past week and would like to share just a couple with you. I wish I was faster, but that's just not happening.
This is my first Word Play, and I really enjoyed it. "December Word Play" I honestly don't think I had any of the colors called for..so I just looked at the photo and guessed.
Just did the finishing on this stocking last night. Surprisingly, this particular photo shows the true colors. This is Hands To Work.
Also Primitive Merry Christmas
I have stitched two more of the little stocking ornaments but have not put them together yet..
On a personal note:
Thank you to those who mentioned my job. I actually work for the same company, which I love, but am now officially an editor, though I am still having to do a lot of transcription because voice recognition is not what it is cracked up to be. Nuff said, lest you see my grumbly side.
Jackie, I believe it is definitely the pattern on the scarf, but I haven't tried blocking it yet.
Berit, you are right, but I think Paulette would have to come up missing extremities to give up her stitching or our tradition. lol. Right now, we are just waiting for what she stitched for me to arrive from Jill. I can hardly wait!
As always, you are so sweet to drop in.
19 comments:
Love all your Christmasy stitching! Can't wait to see the big reveals. Be well.
Everything looks just perfect- i like the colors you used for your word play- beautiful!
Beautiful finishes. And looking forward to see what you and Paulette have stitched for each other this year. :)
Lovely stitching and very pretty finishes - congrats!
ooOoo! Love them. Your finishing is perfection.
Your Christmas stitching is so nice! I love that December Word Play, and am glad to hear that you winged it on the colors. I'm most likely going to be doing the same thing, and would be happy if mine came out anywhere close to yours!
I love all your finishes! It's obvious you have the eye for color like your daughter. I can never pick out colors for something and feel I've done a good job, even just trying to match colors. Love seeing everything! And I can't wait for your Christmas present swap with Paulette!!!
I always second guess or wonder if something else would have been better when I pick out my own floss/thread colors. Your selections are gorgeous!
I can't wait to see what you two stitched for each other!
Oh what pretty Christmas finishes!!!!! Love everything and I can't wait to see what you and Paulette stitched for each other. Hurry up and do the exchange ;-)!!!!!
Oh soooo pretty, love your Christmas stitches. December word play is beautiful.
love Annette
I love all of your stitching. The " word play'" came out exceptionally nice. The colors are beautiful. You did a wonderful job of picking them out...I have had to that on some projects too, and so far they turned out okay...LOL. I also think the tradition you and Paulette have of each making a sampler for the other is a beautiful one. What special and lasting memories! Anxious to see this years sampler exchange! In the meantime thanks for taking the time to share. I so enjoy your blog. Happy Stitching!
LOVE your Word Play conversion!!! Only 11 more to go!!! The stockings are wonderful!! They are going to look beautiful "hung".
Linda
Great Christmas finishes! I used to have that stocking pattern, stitched it once, and foolishly gave it away. Aaahhh, those silly things we do. LOL.
I love love love this tiny stocking! I really must find the chart.... And, the finishing on all accounts are just perfect....~~
You and Paulette's Christmas stitch exchange has become a highlight for many of our Christmases.... Can't wait to see the newest creations!
Many blessings to all of you, Faye
I so love all of your finishes!! Looking forward to seeing what you and Paulette made for each other!
Great finishes. The colours you chose for the word play match perfectly, the finished piece looks gorgeous. And so does the stocking. It's absolutely beautiful.
Great finishes Marsha! Just love that December Word Play! You did a great job on the stocking and pillow. Can't wait to see what you and Paulette stitched for each other and Jill's magic too. :) Hang in there with the new job. Always so hard to adjust to a big change.
Marsha,
Would you consider allowing me to borrow your Hands to Work Pattern? I have spent all day today calling around to shops and cannot find that pattern anywhere. I know you don't know me but I would be very careful with your chart and return it to you in perfect condition. Thank you for your consideration.
Amy Varnell-Miller
tangerinedream73@gmail.com
All your Christmas stitching is wonderful!! I have yet to give one of the Wordplays a go but I just love them. You did a great job on your colour substitutions!
Post a Comment