Sunday, March 11, 2012

Christmas Garden Finished

After almost 30 episodes of Dr. Quinn (the only doctor that doesn't make me stressed), Downton Abby, and several other episodes of various British series and/or movies, I finished Christmas Garden last night! Mind you, I can only stitch in the evenings, I get easily distracted, and I am up and down every few minutes for whatever, but since I started this in later January, I am happy that I already finished it.



I decided early on that I would not stitch the name of the design at the bottom, as charted. I tossed around different things that I could use to fill the space, but after much fretting, I went with Paulette's suggestion and just left it off and brought the border on around. I am very pleased with it. I have put all of my kids' initials--using the girls' maiden names--as well as mine and my dearly beloved's, so there are two of the PSK initials in there.




So what to do next..I might work on BBD Midnight Watch, since that one is about half stitched. I also want Turkey Love and Max & Z. Thank you so much for stopping by!

43 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

It is wonderful! I like that idea of leaving off the Christmas wording, too. Seems like a fairly quick finish considering that we have other things to keep up with; right? Great job!

Margaret said...

It's just gorgeous!!! I love how it came out! Don't you love how so many pieces have the same border? I think it's fun to compare borders on pieces. lol! Beautiful work!

barbara said...

It is lovely! Congratulations!

Catherine said...

I absolutely adore this piece! I saw on one blog where the person stitched the alphabet in place of the words, but I like your choice as well! Not sure what I'll end up doing once I stitch this.
Do you have a frame in mind already?

Deborah said...

Yours is the first that I have seen finished. I love it! I will probably leave the title off, as well. Congrats on a great finish.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your Christmas Garden is beautiful. I won't be stitching the name of the sampler on mine, when I get around to stitching it. I like your solution.

Karen said...

Oh how pretty! Nicole was stitching this one yesterday too and it so pretty. Think I need to add this one to the list!

happy stitching....

Cari said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful !! Excellent work. Thanks for sharing !!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love the change you made. I felt like the name at the bottom really detracted from the sampler. Leaving it off solves that!

Cindy in Virginia said...

Congratulations, Marsha! It's stunning! Glad to hear you're a Downton Abbey addict like me!

Diana said...

Lovely finish!

JOLENE said...

Such a beautiful finish, lovely work. I really like how you stitched your families initials within the piece, especially since Christmas is such a special time of year. In the coming years while it is displayed during the holidays, I am sure as you gaze at this piece it will bring back memories that you cherish of each of your children at Christmas and the special moments you shared with your hubby. Enjoy!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Beautiful finish, Marsha! I love how you incorporated your family into it! If I do this one (when I do this one) I will leave off the title at the bottom as well and I would leave it out year rooms. Way too pretty to be put away!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

That should have said year round..... LOL!

Faye said...

It is just perfect!!! I love the sampler without the words..hmm...
And, how fast you stitched it! Wow~

Take care and hello to Paulette!

Faye

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your sampler is beautiful--like the changes you made!

~Judy~ said...

Beautiful stitching, Marsha! Love the colors.

Debby said...

What a beautiful finish!!

Greetings from Debby

Anonymous said...

Hello

Congratulations on your beautiful finish!

Such lovely colours.

Siobhán said...

Sweet finish!! It looks great! I like the idea of leaving off the bottom. I can't decide if I will leave the wording on or not when I stitch it. I don't do many Christmas pieces but it's so special that I don't know that I only want it up at Christmas. Ah well, fun things to ponder. ;) Can't wait to see what you work on next!

Giovanna said...

Beautiful finish - congratulations!

Nicole said...

Beautiful finish Marsha!! I really like how you left the words out all together. Wish I would have done that, but no going back now!! :) Looking forward to seeing what you start next!

Berit said...

Congratulations! It is quite pretty. :)

Jenny said...

I have loved this sampler since it came out and now seeing your finish I love it even more :) I too agree about leaving out the wording and the way you finished it off is beautiful. This is a must stitch...probably later in the year as I am finishing up some other samplers...but definitely this year...Have a great rest of the day and congratulations on a great finish! Hurray for Dr. Quinn and Downtown Abbey!

BrendaS said...

Beautiful finish!

Can't wait to see what kind of frame you pick out for it:)

Solstitches said...

A very beautiful finish.
Congratulations!

Margaret

Deb said...

I think that it's absolutely beautiful. And nice that you put the initials into it, and I'm sure that if I ever get around to stitching this I'd leave the name out as well. Very pretty finish!

Michelle said...

Beautiful finish! I love how it looks with the wording left off. Gorgeous!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous! I just bought the book and am fighting off the urge to start stitching this NOW! Could you tell me what fabric it's stitched on? Thanks, great job!

Tatkis said...

Such a beautiful sampler - the colours are so lovely and delicate!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Patty C. said...

This is just so beautiful! !!!!!!!!!!

Sally said...

I love the changes you made. It's such a pretty finish :)

Katrina said...

I love your change too!!!!! It's so pretty :-). Congrats on the finish.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

You did such a lovely job stitching this piece. The design looks wonderful the way you finished it! Can't wait to see what frame you chose.
Linda

valerie said...

Beautiful finish! Love the look of the wording left off. I think I may have to remember that if I ever get around to stitching this one. Congrats on your finish!

Lynn said...

I love, love, love your finish!!
It's just beautiful and you've done a wonderful job. Your fabric is pretty. Could I ask you what you used?
I haven't decided how I'm going to tackle this yet. I just received my fabric and floss for it but I'm not planning on starting it right away so I have time to think on things. I like your idea of putting the kids' initials in the design. I just may have to steal that idea!

Veronica said...

Oh wow, it's gorgeous. Just stunning! I love how yours has no letters at the bottom of the design.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Sherry said...

Ohhhhh just stunning! Obviously alot of time and love went into this piece! I can't wait to see it finished off!

Marnie said...

It is such a beautiful piece! I love how you modified it. Happy Spring!

Teri said...

Beautiful finish! This is one of my favorite "newer" designs. I like the way you have reworked the bottom border area. Great job!

cl said...

How Beautiful! I am so jealous - I want mine to be done too! I think it is just fine without the words.

Mindi said...

Congratulations on the finish! I've been going back and forth about just leaving off the bottom portion, or substituting an alphabet for the words.

Paulette said...

Oh my gosh, your CG turned out beautifully!!!!! I'm so envious!!!!

me