Friday, December 30, 2011

Last Finish 2011

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. It's that time of year to put it all away, and I think I underestimated how much decorating I actually did. It really did not look like "that" much when I was doing it, but gosh, it seems overwhelming now that it is time to tuck it all away for another year. Oh well..I guess that's what makes it all tiring fun! I haven't had much stitching time since a few days before Thanksgiving, and I have really nothing major to share, but just this morning, I did finish up Snowy Eve by Blackbird Designs. For my snowflakes, I used little beads. I can hardly wait to turn it into a stocking to hang next Christmas.


I would like to thank each and every one who has ever dropped by my little spot here..I wish you all the happiest, most blessed 2012.

22 comments:

Catherine said...

So pretty! I think you could leave that one out for most of the winter.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love the little stocking. Happy New Year!

Margaret said...

I love it!!! So pretty! Good touch with the beads too. Happy New Year!

Deborah said...

Great finish. I love the beads. Have a happy New Year.

Jackie's Stitches said...

It's always hard to take down all the pretty decorations! You're ending your year with a beautiful finish. The beads are a very pretty change. Wishing you and yours a happy, safe, and healthy new year!

Karen said...

So cute. Hope you and your family have a wonderful new year...

happy stitching!

barbara said...

Great finish - so cute!!

valerie said...

What a cute stocking! Happy New Year Marsha!

Melissa said...

What a sweet end of year finish. Happy New Year!

~Judy~ said...

Love the stocking! Happy New Year!

Marjo said...

I am stitching the same one. I noticed the picture shows snow but my pattern doesn't. I think I will use beads as well. I put the last bits in the bird at top last night. It is such a cute design. I love how yours turned out. What are you going to use for the backing? Hapy New year.

Marion said...

Love the stocking!!
Yeah, I can finally comment on Blogs again! I could not do that for ages!!
I am taking all my Christmas "stuff" down today...much more fun to put it out!!
Have a Happy New Year!
marion

Jan said...

What a sweet and endearing finish, Marsha!I just love these BBD stockings, especially the ones with houses. Anyway, love yours, and can't wait to see it hanging on a tree next year.

I pray you have wonderful blessings in 2012, Marsha!

SewAmy said...

This is beautiful. I'd love to see how you turn it into a stocking. Happy New Year to you and I look forward to keeping up with your blog.

Mindi said...

Beautiful stocking! I love how you added the beads as the snowflakes on the top.

Wishing you a happy new year!

Krista said...

what beautiful stitchings you have! Happy New Year!

Siobhán said...

Nice way to finish out the year, Marsha! It is so pretty.

Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Love the stocking, Marsha

Lynn said...

A perfect end of year finish! It's very pretty and I'll look forward to seeing it finished next year.
We still away from home at the moment and I still have all my decorating to put away when I return. I hate the thought of it!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Happy Stitchy New Year!

Another darling stocking! Hope Santa leaves a little stash in each one!

Heidi said...

What a pretty finish.

I want to wish you the very best and creative 2012! I look forward to visiting with you and also your visits to me. So now we have a whole new blogging year ahead of us.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Michelle said...

Such a sweet finish - I love that stocking. And your choice of beads for snowflakes is perfect. Happy New Year to you!!