Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Sampler Exchange 2011

What fun it was yesterday morning to do our annual sampler exchange! This is such a special time that Paulette and I have had for quite a few years..like, almost 15 years (?). We did skip last year, since time got away from us..but this year made up for it. I am not sure what is more fun: watching Paulette's face or actually opening the piece she does for me. Both are a wonderful moment of joy, for sure. So without further delay..here is the piece that she stitched for me..it is a Dutch sampler IN RED! Now I have something Dutch besides my husband and kids. :) Paulette, I know I told you already, but I love, love, love this wonderful piece you so lovingly stitched for moi.


For her, I chose "Dames Boarding School." Jill Rensel did an amazing job on both of our samplers, as always.



Then there is this: I squealed with delight upon seeing this little arrangement! I have grown quite fond of smalls and was taken aback that Paulette designed these specifically for me, and stitched--and put them in a fantastic wooden scoop bowl from Weathered & Worn. I cannot thank you enough, Paulette, for this...and all you do. You and Audrey are the best daughters a mom could ever hope for--Audrey, I know you are reading..I am waiting for my stitched stuff from you. :) Just to let people know, my youngest, Audrey, is an excellent stitcher, but she does have this little thing called a toddler, so stitching isn't in the forseeable future for her. I do have a piece that she did for me and will post a picture of it soon.


Now the search is on for next year's exchange piece. Thank you always for dropping by for a visit.

On a personal note, regarding the previous post, MoonBeam wanted to know how the stocking could be one inch. It truly is 1 inch at most on the 40-count fabric..but the camera angle makes it look huge. I think it to be about 6 or 7 inches (without going down there and checking).

20 comments:

Paulette said...

I love love love my sampler!!!!! And I love love love you!!!!!!!

Paulette

Margaret said...

You two have such a special relationship. I'm so envious!! And I'm also envious of the beautiful samplers you exchanged! And the little pillows too! Lucky both of you! (I need to stitch Dames Boarding School NOW. lol!)

Berit said...

Aha! I was just on Paulette's asking who designed those beauties! :D

Wonderful exchange! I am so glad you ladies did it again this year and shared it with us online--what a treat!

Sherry said...

I always love to see what you and Paulette make for each other for your exchange! I know you are both thrilled! The little pillows are adorable and Paulette showcased them perfectly in the bowl!

Deborah said...

Both samplers are stunning! What a wonderful tradition that you have.

Linda said...

I just finished reading Paulette's blog posting about your exchange. And found the link to your blog! Now I have another wonderful blog to put into my "favorites"....
Love both the samplers! And also the relationship the two of you have - that is priceless....

Linda in VA

Laurie in Iowa said...

I envy the wonderful relationship you have with your daughters. The sampler and ornaments Paulette stitched for you are beautiful. She knows she can't go wrong stitching you something in red!
I love the piece you chose to stitch for her. Beautiful and the frames are perfect.

Faye said...

AAAHHHHHH~~~ I dont know which I like the best!!!! They are both just superb!!! That RED is calling my name but I LOVE the Dames Boarding School also....Both of you hit the nail on the head!!

Those darling prim ornies are just too cute!!

Merry Christmas friends, Faye

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

All are so wonderful !!! Hope you have a very Merry Chritmas!! I am not Dutch and I love that sampler!!! lol

Catherine said...

Wowzers!! Both are such beautiful pieces!! And I love the arrangement of smalls. What great fun your exchanges are!

Peggy Lee said...

Beautiful samplers you have there girls. That's a big bunch of samplers you must have by now.

I love those little pillows too!

Tatkis said...

Both samplers are just adorable! So different and so beautiful!
And Audrey's ornaments are very cute!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Chris said...

What a wonderful tradition. It is so great that you share this stitching. The samplers are both great and the smalls are to die for.

Katrina said...

I wish my mom were a stitcher :-)!!!!! Both pieces and the smalls are just beautiful. I had to order the Dames piece yesterday, LOL.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a lovely day you shared - and a lovely relationship! You did an amazingly outstanding job on her sampler - it is gorgeous! Your tree (and home) is lovely, and I love, love the bowl filled with precious ornies created just for you!! How special - a bowl full of PSS originals! Is that another tradition, Paulette??

valerie said...

Gorgeous samplers! You're both lucky ladies!

MoonBeam said...

Beautiful exchanges, really cute smalls, and thanks for helping me to believe your one inch post!

Siobhán said...

You guys are just too neat. I am such a dork, but I have to say, I get so much enjoyment out of the exchange that you two do--I love to see what each of you has stitched and am so happy that you're both so happy. Uber dork!! The samplers are both amazing--soooo pretty, just like their makers. :)

Lynn said...

I just finished reading Paulette's post with the pics of these gorgeous samplers. I think you both came out winners! Lovely work and so very special that you can share this with each other.
I adore the ornaments she designed for you too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful samplers. Both of them. The little pillows are gorgeous as well.