Friday, December 2, 2011

About the tree...

As promised, here is the miniature stocking--designed by Hands To Work--It is one inch in width, stitched on 40-count Pear (Lakeside) using a deep purple for the stitching. Of course, it doesn't show the colors here, but it is really very pretty, and my favorite finish for my holiday attempts so far.


My newest ornament, from Weathered & Worn


If you read Paulette's last post, this is the little ornament that she gave to me on Thanksgiving Day. I absolutely love it! I have always wanted one of these strawberry-type ornaments, but again, my (lack of) patience prevents me from doing one. Paulette is like her dad; she has the patience of Job.


 The annual holiday ornament from Starbucks..of course, from YKW! We have, like, 12 years of them, and to my dismay, my little office tree somehow toppled last year and broke one of them. I keep waiting to see if YKW will give me HERS. Humph!



Oh..and this is the love present that went with the ornament, to my SURPRISE! And how embarrassing that I didn't reciprocate! :( I love this "stitching wallet!"


And here is the lining..fa la la!


I know I talk about my "local" girls, but I have another beautiful granddaughter in Texas..she is our little firecracker..just like her mom! Anyhow, we have ornaments that remind us of each of our little ones, though some are no longer little, and this one is from my littlest..she is indeed a cupcake, and this is so her, from her. :)


This next one is from my Sophie, when she was a "little" girl.


Lest I forget my one and only son..yes, I have an ornament that represents him, too..and he insists that we hang it at the tippy top of the tree..I'm sure if he had a choice, he would have a Darth Vader head for the tree topper.


Thank you for your sweet comments on yesterday's post and for stopping by. We are supposedly having a snowy weekend, so I am going to get the baking started..I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday month! Until next time...God Bless.

14 comments:

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Everything is AMAZING!!! Your stocking most of all! I must find the pattern and do it immediately, if not sooner. Thank you for sharing all your beautiful things!
Linda C.

Margaret said...

Looove the stocking! Love everything, of course. Great orniaments -- and even better, who they represent. lol about your son and Darth Vader! We have some storm troopers on our tree every year thanks to DS. :D

MoonBeam said...

Very festive! How can that stocking possibly be one inch wide?

Deborah said...

I love that tiny little stocking!

Catherine said...

I adore your stocking!! Beautiful ornaments...well, anybody with boys has to have a StarWars ornament someplace on the tree! ;)

Siobhán said...

What a fun post! I loved seeing your decorations. I think that's one of the most enjoyable aspects of Christmas decorating--the memories that each trinket brings about the time and the person behind them. LOVE the stocking!! I need to dig up that chart, I know I have it somewhere! Great job!

Laurie in Iowa said...

I love that little stocking ornament and the one Paulette stitched for you too. I enjoyed seeing your special ornaments.

Peggy Lee said...

Oh my that stocking ornament is gorgeous as is the little strawberry! I have a total of 3 ornaments on my tree (I added one yesterday). I think we like it that way.
Your precious ornaments hold such memories. Thanks for sharing a few of them with us!

Sherry said...

What a beautiful stocking ornament! Love all the others too, especially the Starbucks! How funny about the Darth Vador! Sounds like my DH.

Chris said...

The stocking is wonderful. I also love your coffee addiction tree :)
The new stitching wallet is great, i love the fabrics.
Happy Saturday!

Katrina said...

Marsha, what a fun post and a gorgeous tree!!!! Now I want a Starbucks ornament. Paulette has been hinting about scissor fobs, maybe she'd do a trade with me ;-).

I had to giggle at your son's ornament, we have some sort of Star Trek spaceship that belongs to my DH that goes on the tree every year.

Katrina said...

Oh and I forgot to say, don't you love that wallet!!!! Natalia has made, we won't mention how many, for me ;-).

Michelle said...

Oh I love everything! Beautiful! And Boba Fett looks great on your tree - I'm glad he has a place of honor. LOL!

Tatkis said...

Beautiful Christmas tree! All ornaments are so cute!

Hugs,
Tatyana