Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall Gardens

Mums have always been a favorite of mine..we baby them from the time they poke their first leaves up in the spring just to have a pretty show in the fall...I usually trim and trim and cut tiny buds off, hoping they will form bigger ones..well, I've got way too many to bother now, so I just let them go this year..here are just a few during this first week in October...







Wishing you all lots of colorful things, and thank you so much for stopping by. I especially appreciate your sweet comments on Elizabeth Sheffield..right now, I am in the process of removing a LOT of stitching. Sigh...

21 comments:

Siobhán said...

Oh my gosh, Marsha!!! Wow wow wow. I love mums--yours are gorgeous! They don't seem to do them here. I think they're beautiful--thanks for sharing yours.

Cindy said...

These are beautiful. Thanks for sharing the fruits of you labors.

Margaret said...

Oh my! Your mums are amazing! It's like you have stocked a flower shop! Gorgeous! You must do a whole lot of gardening. I am in awe. (Bummer on the ripping on Elizabeth! Ugh! I hope it's not over one at least.)

Jackie's Stitches said...

I've never seen prettier mums! I especially like the pink ones.

So sorry about the ripping. I hope I didn't jinx you with my previous comment about what a pain ripping out over 1 can be. Ugh!

Katrina said...

Your garden is gorgeous!!!!! Bummer on having to frog, hopefully by now you are back to stitching ;-).

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your mums are beautiful Marsha. I love the finally burst of color in our gardens.

Deborah said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden! The colors are wonderful.

BrendaS said...

Beautiful mums! Thanks for sharing:)

Cari said...

Oh My GOSH...BEAUTIFUL...Thanks for sharing your lovely flower garden. Simply wonderful!!!

Sherre said...

Marsha, your mums are GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing pics with us!

Milly~ said...

WOW!!!! Love the mums.

Catherine said...

Beautiful variety of mums!
Sorry about the ripping - I know how much of a pain it can be!

Karen said...

OMG....your blooms are beautiful! Great job on the mums.

happy frogging :(

DonnaTN said...

I love mums too and your mums are gorgeous.

~Judy~ said...

Marsha, what a beautiful Mum garden. Very colorful!

Sherry said...

WOW! Just beautiful! Mums are so pretty and always put me in the mood for Autumn. I would love to see your yard - any season! What a treat!

Berit said...

I have never been much for mums, but am noticing them at the shops this year--and yours are the prettiest I have ever seen!

Jenny said...

I too love mums...to me they just say Autumn....and yours are really beautiful. WOW!!!! I also read your last post and Elizabeth Sheffield is looking wonderful. I have seen a few of these in different stages of completion and I really love this sampler. Hang in there, the finish will be well worth the struggle....hope you are having a great day and happy stitching.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

very beautiful
I love the colors


marylin from FRANCE

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! Look at all those pretty colors!! I was just telling Eric that I wished I had some pots of mums by my front door for fall.

Cindy in Virginia said...

Marsha, your mums are amazing! I would love to know your secrets!