Wednesday, September 7, 2011

This & That, Ruby Owl

First, let me say thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your kind comments regarding my Major. I cannot believe how many people have lost their own much-loved pets and know exactly what we are going through. I wish I could hug you all.

On to a more cheerful subject, my Ruby Owl piece was delivered just yesterday! As usual, Jill did the most wonderful job. It is so "fall" looking and, I might add, just in time. A couple of closeups below..the frame is fantastic! I snagged the first picture from Jill's site.

Ruby Owl - Plum Street Samplers
Framed by Jill Rensel


I also received the sampler that I did for Paulette for our Holiday Sampler Exchange, so I will be posting that in a few months. :)

I was looking out my kitchen window the other morning, and for the first time ever I got to see a youngling female cardinal out for a bite to eat with her paw..isn't she beautiful?


Thank you so much for stopping by and especially for your sweet comments about Major.

16 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Your finish and framing are just beautiful, Marsha! The baby cardinal is adorable - I've never seen one!

I missed your post about Major, I am so sorry for your loss. It is painful to lose a treasured pet, I know.

Catherine said...

Your Ruby Owl is fantastic. I love the frame!
We are quite fond of cardinals around here. How lucky you are to have seen a young one!

Margaret said...

I love your Ruby Owl finish! Now all those leaves were worth it, right? :D That baby female cardinal is so cute! I've never seen a young one before like that. So neat! I hope you and your DH are doing ok. Hugs.

natalysneedle said...

Your framed piece is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Ruby Owl is beautiful!! I love Jills framing she does a lovely job....You are still in my prayers.

BrendaS said...

Love your Ruby Owl finish! Just in time for FALL:))

dixiesamplar said...

Wow, love the picture of the baby cardinal...you know they exist, but until now, who has ever seen one, LOL!! Stop by and see the snap of my hummingbird feeding...we now have 8 fighting over the feeders.

Love Ruby...what a gorgeous frame for her too...Jill really does a splendid job, doesn't she??

Jenny said...

I love youe Ruby Owl finish and you are right...it is perfect for Fall. I just received A Sweeter Love from Plum Street Samplers and am anxious to stitch that one...The baby cardinal is so sweet and how wonderful you were able to snap a picture...I feed the birds in my backyard also and they bring so much joy...

valerie said...

RubieOwl came out great! Jill does such a terrific job!

Deborah said...

Rubie Owl is beautiful! I love Paulette's designs.

Katrina said...

Rubie is gorgeous and I love the frame!!! Sweet little bird too. Big hugs, I know you are still missing Major so much. They become a part of our hearts.

Sherry said...

Ruby Owl is just beautiful and you are right, it looks very Fallish. I saw a baby cardinal in our yard - still had the fuzz on it - that fell out of the nest. So cute. I watched it for the longest time to make sure a cat did not get it.

It will take time to heal over Major. Just take it one day at a time.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Lovely stitching and finishing - and a darling little visitor!

Michelle said...

Ruby Owl is gorgeous! She's one of my favorites, I really need to stitch her. I love the frame too - perfect to compliment her Autumn colors.

Mindi said...

I just found your blog and was so surprised to see Ruby! I'd seen her in Jill's studio while she was doing the framing, and had admired the piece. Jill and I had a few conversations about it. :)

Berit said...

Rubie looks gorgeous! :o

Would you believe I "missed" your exchange with Paulette last year (That is, I noticed that it was never mentioned/figured it didn't happen and wished it had so I could see the pieces, lol! The internet is so weird. Who would believe that strangers would have an interest in your life to the point that they remember a detail about your last Christmas? It is a brave new world these days with personal boundaries and the internet!)? Definitely looking forward to this year's works. :)