Friday, August 5, 2011

A Finish...

I am so very happy to have finished Blackbird Designs' Hannah Lovina Joslin sampler, taken from the Honeysuckle Manor book. It has all of my favorite colors in it. I replaced the name to reflect my maternal grandmother, Mary Jane Carver. I just cannot seem to get close enough to my needlework to get a good picture of the entire thing, but I have included several closeups of portions of this piece, and it is clickable.







What a nice way to end a busy work week. :) Thank you so much for stopping by, and for all of your lovely comments..even the one about the 20 X 20 Precious Moments Paulette is stitching me for Christmas. LOL! Maybe we could bargain for that Yorkie? Have a great weekend!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is stunningly beautiful. I was drooling over all the close ups. That little bird made my heart flutter!!! (I have a thing for birds)
What a lovely piece and dedicating it to your grandmother makes it even more special.

Siobhán said...

LOL!! You forgot about the dragon Paulette is adding to the PM piece. She is a woman of many talents, that Paulette!

Your Hannah/Mary is gorgeous!! I love that sampler. I must get it stitched this year--hopefully. Yours turned out so nicely, and I love that you honored your maternal grandmother. What a wonderful family heirloom!

Have a great weekend!

Margaret said...

Oh so gorgeous! I love this piece, love how you personalized it too! Have a great weekend!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Beautiful! The personalization makes it really special. I really like the colors in this piece and the border is wonderful! GORGEOUS!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Yep! Those are all my favorite colors too, Marsha! She is absolutely beautiful and anytime you can personalize a piece, I think it makes it all the more special. Congrats on a beautiful finish. Have a great weekend!

Catherine said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish! Love the colors and your personalization - so sweet! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sally said...

Your finish is so pretty and I love how you've personalised it :)

Deborah said...

Hannah is beautiful. The personalization makes it even more special.

Melissa said...

It's a beautiful piece. Congratulations!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous!!!!! I love it and what a wonderful way to personalize it :-).

Deb said...

I just love your sampler - the colors are so pretty - and the personalization! It's gorgeous!

barbara said...

What a gorgeous finish! I love it!

Faye said...

This is probably my favorite piece out of that book!!! And your finish is lovely....Dont take as long as I have getting it framed~~

Take care my friend, Faye

valerie said...

Beautiful finish! Congrats!

Karen said...

I love this one too and yours is beautiful! Kudos on a great finish. happy stitching....

Sherry said...

Just stunning. I love that you used a family member on the piece to personalize it. That always makes it so much more special.

Lainey said...

Beautiful finish!

BrendaS said...

Beautiful finish. I love the colors in that one too:))

Have a great week

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Just beautiful!! I am just now catching back up on reading of the blogs !! Great stitching!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

quelle merveille !
bises

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I do love the colors in this one. One of these days I'll get around to stitching it. I love how you've personalized it too.