Sunday, July 3, 2011

This and that...

First of all, I would like to say thank you to all of the kind comments that you left regarding the passing of my brother. I feel like I missed so much of him, leaving home and going across the ocean to live when I was still a teen, but I know I will see him again some day and hopefully make up so much lost time...

I would also like to thank you for the sweet birthday wishes before that. :)

It has been a rather challenging week around here, trying to get back into gear after being gone a week. I have no stitching that I can show you, but I have  been working a good bit on the stitched piece I will give to Paulette this year. I have decided I will work exclusively on that and forget the other pieces until it is completed.

On a personal note:
When I posted the picture of the sampler a few weeks ago, I did not recall the name of it, since I no longer have the chart. Melissa identified at as "Summer Breeze," by Sheepish Designs. Thank you so much, Melissa! I have written it down so that I can put a label on the back. Here is the sampler, snagged from Jill's blog:


Jackie: You wanted to know how I decide about glass..To date, pretty much everything I have has glass on it, but lately I have taken to preferring most things without it..so, if I do matts, I use glass. No matts..no glass.

I received some beautiful buttons by Kelmscott. They are so delicate!


We recently had two floors painted in our home..above one of the two entries into the foyer, I previously had two paintings there, but they had very dated brass frames/mirrors, and, well, I just got tired of them and pawned them off passed them along to my blogless, Gator-loving son in Texas Anyhow, this wall is way too large to just leave blank, so I started begging my saw-toten husband to make me a window and window box. This guy doesn't waste any time! I love the way it turned out, though we are still playing with it. He has decided he wants a wider "frame," so I will show it once it is really finished.


 I do love me some flowers..and on that note, if you are still awake, I will just leave some pictures of my outside flowers I took this morning.








And in case I forgot to mention..this is what I am working on today..a couple of table runners for my two girls.


Thank you so much for sharing your day with me!

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh, I love the fabrics for those table runners, so pretty! Your garden is always so beautiful too! You have a winner there in your DH, making you that window and window box so quickly. I love how it looks! Now off to check out those buttons. Thanks for reminding me. lol!

Laurie in Iowa said...

The fabric you've chosen is going to make some lovely table runners... lucky girls. Love all the pics of your gorgeous flower garden.

Anonymous said...

Those table runners are looking lovely...from what I can see. Love those colors. Looking really forward to see what your stitching for Paulette, but I guess that will have to wait.
Love your flowers too. Lovely colors.

barbara said...

Those beautiful flowers are certainly good for the soul. :)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Nice to have you back. Would you share the name of those pretty purpole spikey flowers? They're my favorites in this outing!

Katrina said...

Marsha I never know where to start, LOL. I love the window with the window box, I tend to agree with your DH it needs a bit bigger frame but it is wonderful.

Love the runners, gorgeous piece, and I can't wait to see what you stitch for Paulette :-).

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Wonderful fabrics for the table runners for your lucky girls! Your garden, as always, is so pretty!

Awesome window and box your DH made. It turned out fantastic.

Siobhán said...

You need to do a house tour for us, so we can see everything. All the pics you've posted are amazing! I love the window that your DH made for you. The runners are going to be fantastic! I love the fabrics you've chosen. I'm teaching my 17 yr old DD to quilt--it's hard to be patient but oh, so fun.

Enjoy your weekend!

Marnie said...

Hugs, Marsha! Everything you do is lovely. Your rain-kissed flowers are beautiful too.