Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hades Hot!

A good hot summer day to everyone. Well, I'm not sure how "good" it really is. I don't know when it has ever been so hot in the heartland. Everything is looking so stressed, about now. I have spent very little time out of doors, but I have not wasted my time.

I have finished Paulette's Christmas piece! I usually start on it about June, sometimes initialing it on Christmas Eve. As many of you know, we have exchanged stitched pieces every year--except last year--for 12 years this December. Anyhow, check back in December for viewing. We try to plan on a snowy lunch at Panera, by the fireplace, to do our exchange..we get a lot of dirty looks..like..how can two grown women make that much noise and giggle so much. LOL! Well, ok, that isn't true..we giggle and act silly like "ladies." I am sure some of you know what Paulette has stitched for me (hello, Sampler Sisters!)..and if you will let me know what she is stitching for me, I will let you know what I am stitching for her. Deal?

I also finally finished both of my daughters' table runners. Paulette has already taken hers home, but here is my Audrey's:



I do have one more to do, but it is for me, to go on my dining table..big. If you recall, I also have this line on my coffee table.

That's about it for me..I decided to work on Ann Grimshaw on the weekends again, but I do not have a recent picture to show.

And lastly, I have decided the only things that love this heat are my lilies. I have picked 3 vases full this past week. Here is the one from yesterday..and note my pink cup and saucer--my beautiful Fiesta! Paulette and I went antiquing last week and found 2 sets at a very reasonable price. She started kicking and screaming for a set just because I said the "C" word (coffee), so I let her have one. I understand my Audrey has found 2 pink Fiesta dessert plates for me..Paulette really isn't into the "D" word, so I think they are safe.



Thank you so much for visiting me today. I hope to catch up on my own blog-hopping sometime this weekend.

14 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh, how exciting!!! Can't wait till you two exchange gifties. Why wait till December? :D (I don't think Paulette would be very happy if I said anything about what she's stitching for you......) Love the table runners -- so pretty! As for fiesta ware, yes, I love that stuff! I have a set that's in use every day. I want more colors someday.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I can't wait to see what you stitched for Paulette (and her for you!).

Great table runner - of course, I love it, its primarily pink!

And.... your pink fiesta and your lilies are all just beautiful!

Stay cool - it has been hot, hot, hot here too, although today we did get a cool down, so to speak. It only reached 92!

Laurie in Iowa said...

I'd love to tell you what Paulette is stitching for you... but I'm afraid she'd seek revenge and send me that Yorkie.
The table runners are so pretty. I've collected some Fiesta myself...but I don't have pink.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Look at you! Finished with a major Christmas present 5 months early!!! I can't wait to see what you stitched for each other.

I've always loved FiestaWare but never got around to buying any. I need to fix that!

I always spend the summer indoors. The heat and humidity combined just make it miserable here. WInter here makes up for it though. I hope the weather moderates where you are soon because I know your winter weather can be a challenge too.

Catherine said...

I can't wait to see what you and Paulette have stitched for each other!! Love that table runner - great colors!! I collected Fiesta for many years. I have those cups and saucers in white!!

Marnie said...

How EXCITING that you have finished a Christmas exchange already! Can't wait to see..
I just bought some Fiesta plates in Shamrock to round out a set I've been picking up here and there at an overstock store. I just love how it blends with everything (and how it is made in my beautiful home state). That pink is beautiful! And those lilies, OH MY OH MY! Lovely..

Anonymous said...

Ohhh....look so much forward to see your and Paulette's piece. And noone can sneak up on Paulette either, because the Yorkie would give that away immediately. And if I understood correctly, then that yorkie is a power which shouldn't be underestimated.
Love your table runner
And Ohhhh....your lilies are gorgeous. I LOVE lilies.

Deb said...

You should have Christmas in July and exchange now! Only kidding. It's more fun to wait. Love your table runner and love pink dishes too.

Stay cool. This weather is just unbearable.

Sherry said...

What beautiful tablerunners! Your girls will be thrilled. I love fiesta ware. One day I hope to find a set at a good price. I can't wait to see the pieces you and Paulette exchange this year. I think that is such a neat idea.

It has been hot, hot, hot here too. We barely got any Spring and we totally missed last Fall with Winter jumping the gun.

Siobhán said...

You are going to LOVE the 20x20 Precious Moments piece that Paulette is doing for you! That she added her own designing flair to it and put some dragons hiding behind the little PM people--well, it'll be super special. ;)

The table runners are beautiful! I love the fiesta ware, too. I have a weakness for pottery and dishes and would LOVE to collect it. My daughters are already planning to start their own collections. Your lilies are gorgeous, too--what fantastic colors!

Katrina said...

Well I know what Paulette is stitching for you but I am sworn to secrecy ;-).

Love your lilies, they are so pretty!!!! And what a gorgeous tablerunner, if you make me one of those...LOL.

Michelle said...

My lips are sealed about what Paulette is stitching for you - but I would sure love to know what you've stitched for her!!! Congrats on finishing it so early too. Love your pink cup and saucer - how fun. And your lilies look lovely!

HeidiInHolland said...

I wish I knew what Paulette was stitching so you could tell me...lol. My sister did that to me when I was little and we told each other our gifts. Then when we grew up (...humm, did I really grow up???), I told my mother about it and my sister denied she ever talked me into telling. She was the big sister by the way...lol.

Panara, a roaring fire and exchanging gifts sounds great so you giggle all your want as you deserve it. I want to come along too. I love food, warm fires, giving gifts and laughing until you want to burst open. :-)

Have a great weekend!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

HeidiInHolland said...

P.S. - I have another new blog and am signed in with that name which I did not realize. Stop by and see my food and book blog. Also wanted to ask if there is a photo of the tablerunner in its entirity? Love the striped patchwork. I just made ornaments (tutorial on my blog AllMyScatteringMoments) but think it is a cute idea for a tablerunner now that I see yours. Great job!

Heidi