Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just Red..again

I cannot help myself. It seems everything I want to stitch I try to find a way to do it in RED. I took Ann Grimshaw out last week and added just one motif. I will never get this piece finished just working on it here and there. I'm using Crescent Colors, Bandana for this one. I do believe it is one of my favorite reds.


I worked this little piece up in Belle Soie Poison Apple. Looks just like the color of Pink Lady apples. This was a little free design that I got a couple of years ago. I cannot remember the designer's name, but if I find out, I will give credit. It is quite small, though it looks a bit on the large size here. I will be backing it with that bit of French General fabric, and maybe this time the piece of tatting will work.


Elizabeth Sheffield. I've seen this on several blogs, and for some reason, it just screamed at me this past week, so I ordered it. I used to live near that stitcher, just not in that time period. :) Not sure about the colors yet. Paulette has wanted to do this piece for several years, so we are going to work on it together. I'm thinking, hoping, the Lakeside Vintage Buttercream will work for it.


And the last time I posted my Kelmscott pretties, I totally forgot this pair of beautiful scissors, as they were in use. I love the ones with the longer blades.


I am so happy to see you here, and I would like to thank everyone for their sweet comments on my last post. Yes, I am keeping that husband of mine..

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pieces Marsha!! And Elizabeth is a stunning sampler, isn't she??

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

P.S. Love the new blog look!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I will never tire of red...especially when it's as beautiful as your stitching! I'm looking forward to seeing your Elizabeth Sheffield that you'll work on with Paulette. The two of you stitching it together will make it extra special!

Catherine said...

Between you and Faye, I think I might have to start soemthing red! Lovely piece you'll be working on with Paulette!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Your red piece is just wonderful, Marsha and I love the pinky red in the smaller one you did, as well!

I love the Elizabeth Sheffield pattern - it just looks so colonial and perfect! I'll enjoy watching your progress!

I missed your last post somehow - in VA, I think but the shelves your DH made look awesome!

Margaret said...

Oh oh oh!!! So lovely! I love it all! I want to do Elizabeth Sheffield too. Don't we all! lol!

Jan said...

Me too, on missing the last post, maybe the last few...I have no excuse, 'cept for being scatterbrained and super busy...not always in that order, either! lol

Anyway, GF, you know I love your red, I love red too!! I think they are both fabulous choices for both pieces. The little finish I can't wait to see backed in that French General, so be sure and show us, k?

That is a lovely sampler, I think that it is neat you and Paulette are going to be working on it together!!

Have a super great week, Marsha!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love your red pieces and the one is going to look fantastic backed with the FG fabric.
Elizabeth S. is calling very loudly to me too... I think I'm going to cave and order the chart.

valerie said...

Love your red stitching! The smaller one is an iStitch design by CarolR. Maybe it's Sew Red but not sure. Can't wait to see your start on Elizabeth!

Deborah said...

Love your "red" pieces! Just beautiful.

Faye said...

RED RED...You know I LOVE this beautiful works of art!!! Nice job and thanks for sharing your progress~~ Take care, Faye

Nicole said...

Ann is just gorgeous!! I love that Bandana Belle Soie. It's so pretty!! Your little sampler turned out so pretty too - love the fabric you picked out for it (I love anything by French General though). I really want to start Elizabeth too, but I'm making myself finish a couple other things first. :)

Tanya said...

Love it. Red is so cheerful - your stitching is always a treat to see.

Tanya

Michelle said...

I never tire of stitching with red. Or looking at red samplers. Congrats on your finish - it will look beautiful with the French General fabric and the tatting. I'm trying desperately to ignore Elizabeth Sheffield, but I'm weak! Love those scissors - so fun!

Karen said...

Your WIPS and finish are scrumptious in the reds!

Happy stitching.....

Paulette said...

You're stitching circles around me!! Don't call me tomorrow, bc I'll be brooding over that. LOL

LLLLLY!

Sally said...

Oooh your red pieces are absolutely gorgeous!

Siobhán said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I love your stitching. I have a thing for red, too. Everything I stitch lately has red in it--and I love it! Poison Apple is one of my favorites, as is Bandana. Ann Grimshaw is beautiful! I have a monster BAP all done in one color--Jane Rees--and I keep telling myself that if I don't work on it, it is never going to get finished. I take it out, stitch a thread or two, fall in love with it again, and then pack it away. The cycle repeats itself every few months.

I can't wait to see your progress on Elizabeth Sheffield. I know I am going to be caving sooner rather than later on that one!

Sherry said...

What beautiful pieces and you could not have chosen a more perfect color than red to them in! I can't wait to see what you and Paulette do with that sampler.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Red, red... Do you have a red display wall? That's my goal, one of these days! Love seeing your lovely pieces.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Hello, I just blog your daughter Paulette as I understand, your embroidery as you are beautiful! you have plenty of talent in your family

friendships FRANCE

MARYLIN

Robin said...

I love red samplers and yours are no exception! Love the Poison Apple shading. I can't wait to watch your progress on Elizabeth--it looks like an awesome stitch!

Deb said...

You definitely can't go wrong with red can you. There is just something so wonderful about that color and all the variations!

Can't wait to see your progress on Elizabeth. I started her during the January Challenge and I'm anxious to get back to her. I think your fabric choice will be fine. That fabric is one of my favorites.