Have you seen the latest Kelmscott pretties? Oh my, from my first pair of Paula's scissors, each one has become more beautiful than the last. To date, this is my very favorite pair. And the needle minders are SO pretty and colorful. The luscious piece of linen in there to the left is Vintage Buttercream by Lakeside, and I can't wait to get to work on it. I love buttercream! :)
My sweet husband, as you know, lives to please me..I casually mentioned wanting a set of shelves for my Green Room so that I could store my boxes and such..and this is what he did for me. He built these shelves on a pre-existing cabinet with doors. You cannot see the whole thing, but it is TALL. It goes to the top of my window..I love bead board, and he did a beautiful job on this--he even painted it for me (Suisse Coffee), since I'm not in to painting in the garage when it is in the 20s out there. The little letter blocks on top say "Spring." About eye level is my television, and then below that is the cabinet that has two shelves for DVDs, quilts, etc.
So while he was being my handiman, I got a nice bit of stitching done in the evenings. I couldn't wait any longer. I had to start on the Hannah Lovina Joslin Sampler in the Honeysuckle Manor book by Blackbird Designs. I will be putting my maternal grandmother's name on this - Mary Jane Carver. I love the colors in this design.
I've also been piddling around with the Birds & Bees. This is where I left off...
And here is where I am at as of last evening...
I also stitched Hodgepodge Cottage's soon-to-be-released pretty.
Oh..one more thing..Paulette mentioned we went "vintage-ing." I had to have this little china dish, because I loved the red in it. We had a lot of fun that day, and I can hardly wait to go again.
Thank you so much for spending some time with me here in this little spot. Your visit is always, always appreciated.

19 comments:
What a darling little dish it is! Love that red. Haven't been by lately - last time you were quilting a table runner. Your stitching is delightful! Hubby did a great job on the shelving - and so did you with the decor. Stay warm and happy stitching!
What a beautiful photo of the tree in the snow.
Love your new goodies. Those scissors are so pretty.
Lovely WIPs.
Your husband did a great job on the shelves and you've decorated them so beautifully! Using all that vertical space is such a smart idea.
Hoping you get some real spring weather soon!
Isn't it awful? We got a bit of snow too. Ugh. lol! You are lucky to have a handy husband -- what a beautiful shelf unit! Wow! And your stitching is looking good too! Another release by your GD? So exciting! I love that dish you picked up too. It's so great that you and Paulette are so close and have so much fun together.
I love the dish and all your Kelmscott are just lovely. How sweet of your dh to make the shelves for you.
Love the shelves!!!
And, I love the new dish! So pretty!! Nothing like going antique-ing......
Great stitching...
Now I need to get motivated to update MY blog...sigh..
Marion
Love all your goodies - well, all except the snow!
I just can't get over how much I love Birds & Bees!
Marsha, what a guy, you'd better keep him! I love those Kelmscott needle minders, I have several. Your snow is beautiful, but I hope it goes away soon!
What a pretty post, from the tree to the shelves (your hubby is a keeper, I'd say), to the BBD and CHS designs you are working on, to the pretty little red and white dish (I'd have bought that if I'd seen it!).
That is such a pretty picture of the tree! We had some more snow last week and all our trees looked like that. That's when I like seeing snow because usually the snow is heavy and it more likely to melt! :)
Love your scissors and needleminders. I'm a real sucker for those things to - I had to have those scissors and I think that they are my favorites so far. Love the cabinet that your husband built you. I'm a huge fan of bead board and you're so lucky to have someone who will build you such pretty things.
Love Hannah Lovinia too - that one is on my hit list to do one of these days. The colors are so pretty!
Your shelves are gorgeous! What a sweet thing for him to do for you. They turned out great. And I love your new BBD start. That little red and white dish is adorable - I would have snatched it up too!
You have one handyman husband there! Just now catching up on blog reading. Love that snow covered tree!
Well.. the snow is very pretty! Love your WIPS and your little pretties. happy stitching...
Beautiful pictures Marsha! I love the shelves, they turned out great! I also love your wips - they're looking pretty great too! :)
Do you have the best DH or what??? Those are beautiful shelves...of course the fact that you are ultra neat and the storage boxes are beautiful are making me green with envy of your green room...lol.
Love your Birds and Bees and keep telling myself that I do NOT need to add that to my stash but you cannot believe how tempted I am!
The vintage dish is so pretty and I can see why you had to have it.
Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi
Oh fun post!!! Love the Birds and Bees and Hannah and what a sweet dish!!! Your DH is a keeper, your shelves are gorgeous :-).
I'm letting out little yelps of envy and pleasure from eye candy viewing as I look at each picture. The shelves are wonderful--I love bead board, too! The quilt on which the Kelmscott lovelies are displayed--beautiful! Love those fabrics. Your progress on Hannah and the CHS is wonderful! I just love Hannah and must stitch her this year.
That dish is perfect--it screams YOU. Great choice. I'm a sucker for pottery/china/dishes, etc.
Love your new-to-you china dish! My daughter calls this 'thrifting' but I think vintage-ing sounds better. And beautiful shelf too - wonderful way to display all your lovely things.
Post a Comment