I was still in my red ornament mode, so I browsed the Blackbird Designs book--Honeysuckle Manor--over the weekend and fell in love with "A Stitcher's Companion." I chose Belle Soie Cranberry and 36-count fabric, as opposed to their 30-count. I'm so pleased the way it came out..and before I forget, I used Vonna's finishing instructions, and they are absolutely wonderful!
On a personal note:
Marion, the previous design is by Carriage House Samplings, called The Birds & The Bees.
Paulette, you owe me hundreds of burritos after giving you Garden Glade. :)
I hope everyone is having a nice week. We're still so dark and cold right on, but that just allows for a few more minutes of stitching. Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing a part of your day with me.


19 comments:
Oh WOW!!! All that red!!! Absolutely stunning!!!
I don't know that I could bear to be in the same room as someone who had just eaten hundreds of burritos. But if you're planning on giving me your Birds/Bees, then I'll force myself.
LLLLLLLLLY!
Your red projects look wonderful. Congrats on the lovely finishing too!
Great finishes! Love the BBD one...looks wonderful with the Cranberry Belle Soie.
I LOVE red and you do it so very well! Both of these are just beautiful!
Tell Paulette that you didn't say you'd eat 100 burritos in one sitting!
They must be some kind of good burrito if you want 100 of them....
Oh how yummy! (not the burritoes. :D) I love your red ornies! Wonderful finishing too! (I do love burritoes btw.)
Love the little red finishes!
I need red too and you really did a wonderful job with this pieces! Congratulations on the great finishes. DST will start soon and give us stitchers a little more daylight each day!
Beautiful finishes! I do love red pieces and the shades you chose are gorgeous.
Wow that's a lot of burritos!!!!
Love your finishes, they are both so sweet.
Love your finishes. Your stitching is so pretty and your finishing is just perfect:)))
Have a great day
Beautiful finishes....love them!!
Love the red finishes, Marsha! They are both wonderful!
I love your red pieces!! So cute!! I like how you finished them off too.
Lovely~ Now I want to stitch red--it's catching! :D
Love red and love your finishes!
Beautiful red pieces! I love the finishing on them both as well! Yay for finishing something else out of the green box!
Hi This is my first time leaving a comment although I have followed your blog and recipes for a while now.You mentioned a Vonna related to finishing. Who is Vonna and where is the best place to find help with finishiong any pieces that I don't wish to have framed? thanks a lot and keep stitching.
Susan
Beautiful finishes! But you only had one stitching-related project in your green box??? What's up with that!? Time to start a bunch of new projects, so we can continue to enjoy the end results!
ROFLOL at Paulette's comment!! LOL
Your finishes are GORGEOUS!! I love the red on both. Wonderful finishing, too.
Post a Comment