I've had quite the productive week, spending a lot of time at the sewing machine when not working. I have been looking for some pretty cottons for a set of pillow cases that would not totally clash with the quilt that is on the bed..I fell in love with this and whipped a pair right up and am very pleased with it. There is a border that goes around my quilt that is a good match, and one of the flowers is a very good match.
Ok; husband, if you are looking at these pics, turn your head. My DH let me know that this was "not me" and that he did not care for it. I have always wanted to try the BIG ric-rac, but I have to say, it didn't quite make me happy, though I'm thinking my Audrey will probably hoot and holler and insist I send this to her. I see reflections to the right and I haven't a clue what it is. Sorry..if I wait and take a better picture, it might not get done.
It really is such cheerful fabric.
He did say "now this is you." Hmm..maybe he meant Civil War era?? I do love this one and it will be perfect for June and July. Oh, and this came out of my Green Box, which seems to stay full in spite of me pulling out several things for finishing. I'm sure there is a bottom in there.
As always, thank you for sharing part of your day with me!
8 comments:
All are lovely! I do have to say the ric rac one seems a bit out of character, but that doesn't mean it's not you. lol! Sometimes we all step out of the usual, which is good! Anyway, I love them all! Especially that last one from the green box. :D
I'm with Margaret... sometimes it's nice to step outside of the box! I love the Bliss line but the turquoise is a bit out of my normal color range. Still, it's so happy and fun, as is the big ric rak. Wonderful projects!
I must admit that while I like them both very much, the second one catches my eye best. I am not a big fan of BIG ric rak either but the fabric is cute!
I like them all! I'm sure you're hearing an echo now... but I agree with Margaret and Siobhan... we all need to step out of our comfort zone every now and again. I think the runner with the big rick rack wood look fabulous on a patio table.
Beautiful work!! You always post such lovely finishes!! I do have to add though...I'm not a big fan of the big ric rac...but it is still very nice!!
Take care
Marion
All of your finishes are so pretty! Looks like you have been very productive....
happy stitching...and sewing!
All of these are beautiful but I have to say that my favorites are the two tablerunners because of the red! If something has plenty of red, I am happy!
Yay for new pillowcases! The fabric looks great with the quilt. And it's always good to step outside the box - and it gave you a chance to try the big ricrac, which doesn't work with just anything. Love the table runner you made - the ricrac just *makes* it. The Civil War runner is fantastic - you're right, it will be great for 4th of July!
Post a Comment