Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bird in Hand

I cheated..I ignored my  Green Box and did something totally off the wall. This little Blackbird Designs "Bird in Hand" was in my stocking this past Christmas and I completely forgot about it..I can't say it worked up "fast," but I had fun doing it, even the border,  and just finished it this afternoon. I used "Baked Apple" WDW and the backing fabric is the lovely stuff you see here from Faye. She had wrapped my give-away in it, and it looks like it was made for this piece (thank you so much, Faye!). I think my days of finishing might be over--before they even get started--I so wanted to trim it with the piece of tatting that you see in the upper right hand corner but just could not get it to work for me..it belonged to my husband's grandmother and seemed just perfect for this little design. Maybe next time.


Thanks so much for sharing part of your Saturday with me. I hope you're having a nice weekend!

17 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

It's beautiful and the fabric does seem like it was made for this piece.

Catherine said...

What a sweet finish - and how perfect is that fabric!?!

Peggy Lee said...

Love everything about your finish...the baked apple thread, the linen! All beautiful together.
Gramma's tatting must be meant for another very special piece.

Margaret said...

I love the finish! The fabric really is perfect! Sorry you couldn't get the tatting to work into the finish. I know I wouldn't be able to either. Maybe next time? (And hey, you don't have to stick to the green box all the time, right?)

Katrina said...

It's so sweet and I love picture, with the scissors and all. I think it's ok to ignore the green box and do something fun and small instead ;-).

Tanya said...

Oh YES that fabby is ideal!! Love it :)

Tanya

Faye said...

Wonderful!! I was hoping that fabric would "speak" to you and looks like it do!!! I love this~~

Take care, Faye

Kim said...

Love it MM! I've got this one and the blue companion in a basket! If they're quick maybe I should give them some attention! Great finish!!

Karen said...

Very cute finish... love the thread choice! Maybe the tatting was meant for another project!

hope you have a great stitching week.

BrendaS said...

Lovely finish and the fabric is perfect for the back!

Have a good week

Paulette said...

I love this!! You did such a good job on it - and so fast!

LLLLLY!

Sherry said...

What a great finish! I love the fabric and the red is perfect for this piece.

Susan said...

Great stitch!

Happy Stitching!

Lainey said...

Perfect fabric on that beautiful finish!

Nicole said...

What a sweet finish Marsha!! I love it! The fabric Faye sent is perfect! :)

Michelle said...

Oh I love it! The fabric Faye sent is the perfect backing for it too! I too struggle with finishing, I know how I want it to look, but making it look that way is beyond me.

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on the finish! I love those little BBD pillows. The backing fabric is perfect for it!