Truly this is a day of rejoicing for me. I have never wanted to finish a project so bad in my stitching life. I love, love, love fill-in work, but that last block was love overkill, truth be told. Had I known I wouldn't enjoy it anymore than I did, I would have done it first to get it out of the way. But maybe the dark, snowy, freezing days didn't help, what with the drab colors. I'm so happy to have it done, I don't even care that it is a crud-mud picture (Paulette will have vapors, no doubt). I thank you ALL who have encouraged me over the YEARS to get this done. Seeing how everyone's pieces turned out is what kept me going.
And to touch on a couple of questions: Michelle, that thing that looks like a Christmas quilt is really the start of a table runner made with "Sparkle All The Way" fabrics. So colorful and pretty!
Terri, I'm sorry you could not Email. I will definitely keep an eye on your sampler! Right now I feel like I need to do a little A-B-C freebie with a mattress needle. :) Ok..it's not THAT bad. :)
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog..
36 comments:
Whoo-hoo!! It is absolutely beautiful! I can imagine that last block would have made me crazy!
It looks fabulous Marsha. Congratulations on an awesome finish.
MM!!!! YAAAAAY!!!!! It looks great!!!!! And should I decide to stitch this, I will start with the last block first! Congrats on such a stunning finish! Wooohooo!!
Congrats on your finish! VoHRH looks fabulous!
Congratulations - what an accomplishment! :)
Looks great !! I know you are glad to get it finished !!! Have you decided on a frame? where to hang it? What is next of all your projects? So many questions... lol Have fun with all that you work on!!!
Congratulations! It is lovely and well worth the time and effort.
Congrats!!!!! What a fantastic finish. I spent the last half hour drooling over your picture after biggifying it. The last block must have indeed been a pain in the bum. But so totally worth it in the end. It simply looks fantastic.
So...what's next?
Oh Marsha!! A big, huge happy dance for you!!!! It's wonderful, beautiful, marvelous! I so agree -- that fill in is a killer. Ugh! But it's so worth it in the end, don't you think? Are you going to get it framed right away? I hope so! What's next up? Something with bright colors, right?
Happy dance for sure!! And, it is so worth it!! This is also on my to do list for one day...I have not started it but as soon as I can get a few of my other sampler wips finished, I will be starting this one.....so, I should do that last block first?? I just might!!!
Take care and again, your work is just beautiful~~ Faye
Congratulations on a beautiful finish! It is absolutely gorgeous! What an inspiration to see it finished...makes me want to drop everything, pull out pattern and fabric and get going. I bet you can't wait to have it framed and on the wall so you can sit with a cup of tea and just gaze at it. Well, that is what I would want to do. :) Beautiful work!
Congratulations on your finish. It's BEAUTIFUL. Whoo Hoo Happy Dance time.
HOORAY! Congratulations on a major finish! It's beautiful!
What a beautiful finish!! Congrats!!
A truely beautiful finish!
I'm doing the funky chicken dance. lol
It looks absolutely fabulous.
Congrats!
I just had mine framed a few weeks ago, I am so in love, lol
Are doing going to stitch any of the other HRH?
Marsha, it's really, really gorgeous!!!! Huge congrats on the finish :-).
Congrats on the finish Martha!!! I know you must be so glad!! It looks wonderful! :)
Kudos on such a great finish!!!
Congratulations on your finish! It is absolutely fabulous! So beautiful. I have this one and Houses on my list, but they'll have to patiently wait their turn. I have to beat back my towering pile of WIP'S before I start another big project. Did you convert any of the colors?
Stunning!!! Congrads on that big finish.
Tanya
Wow! It is beautiful even if you felt like it was slow going. Who ever said we had to finish things as soon as we start them??? I would be in big trouble as you would not believe how many UFOs I have! :-)
Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Congratulations on a MAJOR happy dance!!!! I am so psyched for you!! Yeehaw! :)
Congratulations on your finish. It is so beautiful!!
What a milestone! Big Congratulations! :D
Whoop Whoop, Marsha! You go, Girl! I would be on cloud nine for sure and already out the door to the framer, even if it were midnight when I finished it! lol Seriously though, I am proud of you!!
Sorry I somehow missed your last post, or maybe two...I try to keep an eye on that dashboard, but sometimes some get by me. No way would I purposely ignore you, I love reading your posts and what you are up to! Your work is always so very special!
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Remember when I put that bottle of Penzoil on it to toughen you up? teehee! I'm so happy for you that this is finally finished. I'm especially happy that you'll finally have something else to whine about finishing. LOL! JK JK JK!
LLLLLLLLLLLLLY!!
Oh, it's Lovely, Marsha! Absolutely Gorgeous and Beautiful!!! I know you must be over the moon with joy on such an awesome finish and can't wait to get it framed and hanging on your wall! I want to stitch this one when I finish CaHRH...
Wishing you much love and joy, glad tidings and good cheer, a cosy warm hearth and blessings abounding... and many a heartfelt hour of peaceful stitching thyme in the New Year!
Heartfelt blessings always in stitches...
YAY!!!!! Good job! I love it!!!
What is that I hear? Are those Happy Dancing feet? B'lieve they are! Congratulations! Job well done, and beautiful, too!
yea and congratultions! It is just beautiful. I know you are thrilled to have it completed.
Gorgeous!!! Woohooooo what a wonderful finish!! One of these days I'll have a HRH finish too.
Marsha, CONGRATULATIONS! What an accomplishment! I hope to be a member of the VOHRH Finishers club one day as well! I have that black fill in on block 12 to finish, as well. I like to keep fill in projects for times when I'm either too brain-dead to follow a chart, but want to do something productive, or for carrying in the car, or when I know I have to wait for someone, and don't want to bother with a chart and lots of threads, just whip that fill-in project out and get some of it done. I am so proud of you for your tenacity!
Marsha, it is GORGEOUS! I'm so happy for you. It's a major stitching accomplishment. Sometimes those big projects get to us at the very end. Give it a bit of time and I know you'll love it as much as we all do.
What's next? I'm guessing it won't be another Hawk Run project! :)
Congratulations on such a beautiful finish!
I love visiting your blog. I haven't ever posted but I feel the need to do so today. I absolutely LOVE your finish it is beautiful!!!!
Post a Comment