Thursday, January 20, 2011

Next project...from my Green Box

Many thanks to all of you for your sweet comments on my Village. My finishes seem to be few and far between, compared to so many of you, but I love to keep a good steady whine going. lol.

Do you like my cup? Paulette gave me this last year.


It was so cold here this afternoon, and I was freezing, and this adorable little cup just kinda brought a smile to my face, so I fixed a cup of tea, though I am not generally a tea drinker...and I must have cream and sugar in it. Why am I talking about the cup of tea? I haven't a clue...I just wanted to share my cup of tea with you if you stopped in...


After I finished my Village, I decided I had to open that green box up. If you remember my New Year's post, I put everything in there that was not stitching related, per se. My goal is to finish up a stitching project and then take something out of this box and finish it. I looked through it and didn't really want to tackle any of it (I actually put the lid back on it and didn't want to mess with any of it..don't get me wrong, I WANT everything I have started, but I didn't want to do it right now), but my anal nature told me I had to..so I took out the Civil War table runner I made back in the fall that never got finished. Kwilty Kim helped me with some backing/binding fabric, and I got it basted this evening, ready to quilt. It's been so long since I've quilted anything that I guess I will practice at some point this weekend. I couldn't wait for sunshine to get this picture, so the colors aren't really at their best...looks a bit on the warm side.


On a more personal note:

April, I am going to send Village to Jill Rensel for framing. I so do not know where it will hang, but I'm in my office a good bit, so it will probably end up there.

Ranae, I would LOVE all of the HRH pieces, but I'm sure it won't happen in this lifetime. Christmas and Shores are equal favorites for me. I would probably have to flip a coin to decide. I would love to see a picture of your framed piece.

Rebekka, I didn't do any "conversion," at least not on purpose. That is just not my talent. I tried it a few times and always end up disappointed and mad. I did not use NPI silks on this piece, and I wish I had..that was my biggest mistake, not using them.

Paulette, yes, I do remember you setting that can of Penzoil on my Village! I don't think you wanted to toughen me up at all as much as you wanted me to pass out so you could switch pieces..like I wouldn't notice I had a dozen blocks nearly done compared to your 1/2 block? LoL!!! JK!! You had MORE than half a block done. :)

I didn't mean to be so long-winded. Thank you so much spending some time here.

13 comments:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Your cup is so cute. Does make a smile on my face. You are up early !! lol CW table runner is looking great. I love those colors. Still wish I could learn to quilt & hook... Have a great day !

Anonymous said...

Glad you ended up taking something out of the green box. And I'm SO jealous. I do love sewing, but am to stupid to actually quilt. I can sew all the parts together, no problem, but I cannot put real quilting over it. Looking there for really forward to see yours quilted.
Love that cup. Looks really cute.

Kim said...

MM your runner is GORGEOUS. I just love it! Happy Friday!

Cari said...

Love the cup. I have a couple of those myself. It always makes me happy to drink coffee from them. Have fun quilting. Can't wait to see it finished. Happy weekend...

Margaret said...

I love that cup!! So cute! And your civil war table runner looks soooo pretty! I haven't quilted in so long. I miss it, but stitching is so much easier to just pick up and do.

Laurie in Iowa said...

The tea cup is so cute. The tablerunner looks wonderful. I haven't had the urge to quilt in a long time how... I'm all about stitching samplers these days.

Jan said...

Marsha~ Love it when you get long-winded and I heart that cup! The tea looks good too...I love a good cup of tea in the afternoon sometimes...but usually java is in my cup.

Love your runner, the fabs are gorgeous!! You are a good girl...the box would have stayed closed had I those same thoughts! Keep up the good momentum, most of all have fun doing it!

Have a super weekend!

Michelle said...

Love the runner! I actually pulled out a table topper last night that just lacks having it's binding sewed on. I'm hoping to get it done in time for Valentine's Day. It was good to work on a quilt for a change. Can't wait to see your Village framed - I am sure it will be stunning in the Valley House frame.

Catherine said...

What a sweet cup for tea! I think I will go make myself some right now!

Love your runner!

Paulette said...

LOVE your table runner!! I've got the perfect bottle of Quaker State for it.

LLLLLY!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a cute cup! I just have to ask, is that runner running to Timbucktoo?

Katrina said...

Love the project you chose to finish, the colors are fabulous. Cute cup and I remember the oil incident too ;-).

Siobhán said...

What a cute cup! Your table runner is GORGEOUS!! I can't wait to see what Jill Rensel does with your Village--I'm sure it'll be fabulous!